Broadband & Mesh System Help Please

MAL

Hiya Guys

Sorry for the long post, i need some input on this.

Does anybody have any decent knowledge about Broadband Suppliers (I will be moving on to Routers & Mesh systems later)?

Ditching Sky broadband any day now, i am currently on their FTTP Ultrafast Plus.

I have looked at loads & loads of different options but it is screwing up my mind (More than usual).

I think i have narrowed it down to...

1st - Pine Media - With a "Plume" Router & the option of "Whole House Plume Pods" which is their own mesh like system.

2nd  - Cuckoo (but going off them as they have been bought out by Giganet & feel they will now lose their good standing) - With a "Technicolour WiFi DWA0122" Router.

The questions i have (silly or not, here they come) are probably very similar for both, so here goes...

Pine Media, based in Sheffield with a good reputation on Trustpilot is my 1st choice

1) Do any "experts" think this is a good choice?

2) I don't really want to pay monthly for their mesh system, i would rather buy my own system, i think buying is the best option but would like to hear if anybody thinks opposite.

3) Would i have to use their Router or could i just buy a Mesh system and use that, looking at the "Asus XT8"

3a) If i buy the "Asus XT8" could i just plug into the ONT i already have & it work straight away, or would i need to still plug into the provided Router & disable the WiFi on that.

I think that is enough to process at the minute 😄

Anybody's help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Regards

Mark

Edited by MAL

Thanks for the info pal

I'll consider it. 

Not fussed about the kids bit, there won't be any kids using it unsupervised. 

But I have noticed that some mesh system makers charge extra for this. 

Cheers