Awroyt Moy luvveeerrrrs the official Owls v gasheads match thread

Unsure if we deserve to be ahead at half time

Decent start but they've been the better side after the first 10 to 15 minutes. Probably should have scored at least 2 of their very good chances

I know it won't change but someone has to go into that dressing room and give the defence an absolute bollocking. Stop passing it between yourselves, you're just asking for trouble

Brown doesn’t understand the position and isn’t big enough or aggressive enough to play it. Ihiekwe is being pulled left as there big lad is attaching himself to Brown. I’d bring Vaulks on, put Bannan left and Johnson to left back and go to a four. I’m not overly keen on a three or involving Iorfa against these given the high press and his touch. It’s bad enough with Ihiekwe controlling it 5 yards.

Need more from Windass, he’s been really poor first half. I’d give him 10 and if not, he gets dragged for Wilkes or Dele.

Great ball from Byers and a great header from Smith though.

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Their chances have come from assists by Ihiekwe to date.

Still not convinced by the front 3 all playing at the same time. I actually think the extra player in centre mid would allow the wing backs to commit and one of them to run from deep. And Bannan can focus on being creative 

He's simply GOT to take Ihiekwe off. If he doesn't the ref will

1 minute ago, Bellsview said:

Their work rate, pressing game and closing us down has been really impressive.

I was hoping they might begin to tire but if anything they are the fitter side now and look most likely to score.

We don’t have any answers to them, which is worrying! 

We don't have answers because we are virtually having 4 stood virtually in a forward area but the two in the middle are getting overrun.

Tactics and general play...

Them = Spot on

Us = just all over the place.

• Like 1