HRH Queen Elizabeth II RIP

Winco

I am not an ardent royalist but HRH Elizabeth II led the country with decorum and dignity, sadly the next generation are nothing like her but her oldest Grandson is another likeable lad.

Charles, abdicate and slip into the background and ensure your siblings follow suit.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I am not an ardent royalist but HRH Elizabeth II led the country with decorum and dignity, sadly the next generation are nothing like her but her oldest Grandson is another likeable lad.

Charles, abdicate and slip into the background and ensure your siblings follow suit.

If Charles abdicates it goes to Edward.

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Can't argue with any of that 

I think there is a difference between not agreeing with a constitutional monarchy and preferring a republic as I do, to not at the same time respecting how she did the role and her sense of duty.

And the grief her family will have is no different to what many of us have been through, the difference being they are expected to demonstrate that in public glare and protocols. 

But do we have to have virtue signalling grief all over social media. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Can't argue with any of that 

I think there is a difference between not agreeing with a constitutional monarchy and preferring a republic as I do, to not at the same time respecting how she did the role and her sense of duty.

And the grief her family will have is no different to what many of us have been through, the difference being they are expected to demonstrate that in public glare and protocols. 

But do we have to have virtue signalling grief all over social media. 

Anyone who thinks we should give up a 1000 yr old history with us having a monarchy are nuts.

it’s what sets us apart from the cuckoo yanks for a start.

14 minutes ago, Winco said:

Anyone who thinks we should give up a 1000 yr old history with us having a monarchy are nuts.

it’s what sets us apart from the cuckoo yanks for a

Perhaps we can redistribute all the wealth back that the Royal families stole or gave to their sycophants  over those 1000 years 

I think those thinking handing the baton to the next  lot of her dysfunctional family is a good thing are equally nuts

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Perhaps we can redistribute all the wealth back that the Royal families stole or gave to their sycophants  over those 1000 years 

I think those thinking handing the baton to the next  lot of her dysfunctional family is a good thing are equally nuts

I think handing the baton to William is the right thing to do, it will probably save the royals in this modern world.

having Charles on the throne will mean nothing to this nation imo.

but if he gives it to William it would probably be the best thing he could do as king.

• Reesh changed the title to HRH Queen Elizabeth II RIP

I’m not a royalist, yet The Queen’s passing has genuinely upset me. I didn’t think I’d feel as sad as this.

She dedicated herself to and served her country with honour, pride and dignity. She was much loved by the nation and respected and admired worldwide.

She was a constant and a reassurance to her people, and for me reflected what was still good about this country.

She’s left a legacy that will be virtually impossible for any other royal to match.

And to carry on serving the nation at 96, it just epitomises her dedication to her country and incredible work ethic.

As I say, I’m not a royalist and didn’t expect to make a post like this following her passing - but she fully deserves the accolades, tributes, the respect and outpouring of love that we are seeing. She will be very much missed and she was absolutely right when she said “Grief is the price we pay for love”.

RIP Ma’am

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

Didn't have Trevor Sinclair down as the front runner in  the "crass tweets about the Queen stakes", but in fairness there's a lot of strong contenders still to post...

Absolute fucking pisshead ****, hope the next time he drink drives he wraps his car round a tree.

2 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Didn't have Trevor Sinclair down as the front runner in  the "crass tweets about the Queen stakes", but in fairness there's a lot of strong contenders still to post...

Just seen it.  Utter woke inanity displaying the critical reasoning skills of a 5 year old.  No point anybody being outraged about it, it’s just an example of why sportspersons shouldn’t be treated as if their views on wider issues are of any importance whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Chelters said:

I too feel sadder than I ever thought I would, it’s weird how something like this can affect you.

Whatever you think of the monarchy she deserves the utmost respect.

Oh and it’s HM not HRH by the way.

It's interesting and I don't know what your family situation has been, but personally  having lost both parents over recent times and on the in law side as well, then I have perhaps become immune to grief a tad. 

What I have discovered is that grief is a purely personal feeling, how you act, how you are, what are your coping mechanisms you find your way. On the news reports there is a lot about coming together, sharing. Frankly that was the last thing I wanted, I preferred my own space.

My sadness is for her reign, her family, but as much it provokes my own memories and the sadness that brings.

• Like 5

While I have respect for the Queen for the duty she gave and her family at a time of bereavement, seeing these pictures of the protocols just re-iterates what a nonsense a constitutional monarchy is, what a nonsense all the proclamations are, the irony of Sturgeon witnessing the one about Scotland when part of her would love to rip it apart.

The speed of the process is to ensure continuity, that we question nothing about the Establishment or our constitution. They know best, the media saying little people know your place, throw in a bank holiday shut em up they'll be grateful. 

I respect the person who died, does not mean I should have to respect the institution, the Establishment. 

Edited by mkowlthesexynewversion
  • Like 2

Am I one of the few people left that has not been interviewed by the  media for my story about the Queen . After 3 days of Saturation coverage they must be running out of people to interview . For the record I have never met or seen any members of the Royal Family though I did start a Royal rumour in Canada once , but that's another story

2 hours ago, lobster said:

Am I one of the few people left that has not been interviewed by the  media for my story about the Queen . After 3 days of Saturation coverage they must be running out of people to interview . For the record I have never met or seen any members of the Royal Family though I did start a Royal rumour in Canada once , but that's another story

Why, which one did you resemble?