2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

He didn't come through the academy and how do you know he left for nowt...

Nowt as in nothing or minuscule amounts, either way I can't see Borehamwood laying out a big fee that gives us a decent return on what we've laid out for the lad.

13 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Nowt as in nothing or minuscule amounts, either way I can't see Borehamwood laying out a big fee that gives us a decent return on what we've laid out for the lad.

What have we laid out for him? Next to fuck all is the answer.

I'd not seen that but, having seen him throughout the Papa Johns' campaign - Leics apart - I'm not surprised he's trying his luck at their level.  Good luck to him. 

Surely this business of trying our hand by bringing in young players released / available to sign from other clubs' academies is a bit like panning for gold.  You have a dabble with various candidates and if it doesn't work out you thank them and wish them well. Then you try again as the rewards for success could be immense.

You certainly don't moan when one - another one - doesn't 'bear fruit'.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I'd not seen that but, having seen him throughout the Papa Johns' campaign - Leics apart - I'm not surprised he's trying his luck at their level.  Good luck to him. 

Surely this business of trying our hand by bringing in young players released / available to sign from other clubs' academies is a bit like panning for gold.  You have a dabble with various candidates and if it doesn't work out you thank them and wish them well. Then you try again as the rewards for success could be immense.

You certainly don't moan when one - another one - doesn't 'bear fruit'.

When did we last bear fruit?

17 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

I'm sick and tired about hearing about Plymouth away , yes Moore made a mistake but he has got a bloody lot right since then but still gets no credit . Take the shackles off ???????? sod that, second in League a game in hand is just fine in my book , blokes re built a shit show from day one and but for a points deduction would be doing it in a Division higher . His philosophy seems to be running right through every age group now and for once we are seeing kids coming through that other clubs are interested in , when's that happened in the last 20 years ? If he was called Albert Smith and his Grandad worked in a cutlery shop on Shalesmoor and he ( lets face it ) was a different colour he would have the freedom of Hillsbro by now .... boils my piss.... apologies for the rant I have these days now and again 

Fuck off. Don't dare bring fucking colour in to this. You fucking idiot.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

I'm sick and tired about hearing about Plymouth away , yes Moore made a mistake but he has got a bloody lot right since then but still gets no credit . Take the shackles off ???????? sod that, second in League a game in hand is just fine in my book , blokes re built a shit show from day one and but for a points deduction would be doing it in a Division higher . His philosophy seems to be running right through every age group now and for once we are seeing kids coming through that other clubs are interested in , when's that happened in the last 20 years ? If he was called Albert Smith and his Grandad worked in a cutlery shop on Shalesmoor and he ( lets face it ) was a different colour he would have the freedom of Hillsbro by now .... boils my piss.... apologies for the rant I have these days now and again 

Colour isn’t a consideration.

If players are good enough they’re good enough.

7 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

Players absolutely no issue but some people have never had and will never have the Manager , anyway what he has done for this club deserves a great deal more recognition than he gets 

Oh eat shit. He's doing the minimum I'd expect on the budget he has. I don't care if he's white, black, pink or fucking orange, I care about his failure to keep us up and bottling going up last season.

46 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

blokes re built a shit show from day one and but for a points deduction would be doing it in a Division higher

That's not actually guaranteed.

Wednesday were 3 points behind Derby. A win guaranteed safety. It didn't happen and we were relegated.

Without the 6-point deduction, Wednesday would've been 3 points ahead going into the last match. Can you honestly say, hand on heart, that that bunch would've grabbed the necessary point to ensure safety? Or would Derby have collected the victory they so badly needed, sending us down in their place?

Two different scenarios. Two completely different mindsets. And all pure speculation of course!

Just now, Dronowl66 said:

Eat shit ?? LMAO yes last season was a disappointment granted but the recruitment has been very good for this level and bar one mistake we were all over Sunderland , as for failing to keep us up a points deduction and inheriting poor players and a demoralised club from top to bottom was never going to be easy . His work at all levels will bring dividends in the future , I still maintain we have never had kids coming through like we do now 

You're a fucking moron. One mistake? It wasn't one mistake it was a reticence to attack in the first leg and his poor decision to bring a half fit Bannan back in the 2nd leg.

Oh and the kids coming through have fuck all to do with him, that age group were around long before Moore was at the club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

True and let me be clear with the work he has done thus far and the squad he has at his disposal If he doesn't get us up this year its an abject failure and I wouldn't expect to see him here next year , 

This is the third time we've been in the third tier during my time following Wednesday. On both the previous two occasions, season 1 has been poor (to put it mildly), while season 2 has delivered promotion.

I was disappointed last season, but contented myself that at least it was much improved on the previous 2 initial efforts. A strange logic, I accept, but otherwise I may have got angry. And I try not to let football do that to me. I decided years ago that whatever is going to happen will happen and I can't influence things. Therefore, when we lose, I never get too down. All fine and well of course, but it does mean I'm shite at crosswords.

This season, I expect promotion, purely based on the past record. Again, probably a strange logic, but I'm sticking with it. Hopefully it works!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

Fucking nobhead 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dronowl66 said:

Players absolutely no issue but some people have never had and will never have the Manager , anyway what he has done for this club deserves a great deal more recognition than he gets 

The only matter in record that he's done for the club are get us relegated and fail in the play offs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

Absolute disgraceful comments. 

Darren Moore is a very likeable man but his reluctance to attack and defend 1-0s or 0-0s has cost us. Over thinks the opposition and tinkers about with the 11 far too often than he should. Can often get out thought by opposite managers and dithers around when he needs to be making substitutions.

Fair play he's done well this season but he's been heavily backed and we have IMO the best squad in the division. The squad being assembled is a credit to Moore but he should be doing better with what he's got.

What would Plymouth's boss be doing with this squad? 

To suggest anyone criticising Moore due to his colour is far off the mark and fucking disgusts me. I have a word for you.... C.U.N.T !

Edited by Ozzie
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

Am definitely not having that 'race' comment.  Never heard even the slightest hint of that towards him at any stage.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

This is the third time we've been in the third tier during my time following Wednesday. On both the previous two occasions, season 1 has been poor (to put it mildly), while season 2 has delivered promotion.

I was disappointed last season, but contented myself that at least it was much improved on the previous 2 initial efforts. A strange logic, I accept, but otherwise I may have got angry. And I try not to let football do that to me. I decided years ago that whatever is going to happen will happen and I can't influence things. Therefore, when we lose, I never get too down. All fine and well of course, but it does mean I'm shite at crosswords.

This season, I expect promotion, purely based on the past record. Again, probably a strange logic, but I'm sticking with it. Hopefully it works!

I wish that i didn't allow football to dictate my moods for the weekend but sadly its not possible.

if we lose or have played shite I'm always going to be bitter

3 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

I respect your right to an alternative opinion , saving the last sentence of course ,that does you no favours 

You've quite clearly heard thoughtful reasoning from numerous posters on this very thread as to why DM doesn't deserve the keys to the city. Are you saying they've formed these opinions because our manager is black? 

Utter nonsense. He'll get his keys when he brings success, consistently. Like how it should be. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

No I gave an opinion that whatever Moore does there is a section of the fanbase that will never accept him , I dont think all of those people are racists far from it , but have seen on line evidence in the past of that happening , have read this site for a number of years am unsurprised by the thoughtful reasoning from the predictable accounts . To quantify that I have seen no racist insinuations on this site , it does however seem to have been received as such . I did also say there are no excuses for him this season 

Fair enough. It think you're wrong for suggesting it. There's enough actual racism to deal with rather than imagined racism. It's virtue signalling and its plain wrong and tiresome. 

The first half of last season, most supporters were leaving the ground shaking their heads trying to work out wtaf DM was trying to achieve, he made some very naive decisions regarding selection and tactics. We picked up certainly but he didn't manage to get us over the line. 

This season were on a really good run, he looks like he's learned a lot and has definitely brought back a togetherness that had been missing. I'm enjoying it very much tbh but we're not guaranteed to go up. That's why the jury's still out for some. We've historically been a very hard to please fan base, yes, even with paler skin managers. So, a good job but not job done. 

I can't fathom how your psyche has led you to racism. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

Absolute nonsense re his colour, absolutely ridiculous. 

He's done well but like it or not for many the feeling that his tinkering and negative tactics at times will cost us remains. And for me with players he has there is no need to be like that .

He had a go for 60 mins at Plymouth and we were excellent but then went into shell and if we're not careful that approach will catch up on us.

Tomorrow  result obviously important but not definitive. If we were to lose but went down swinging and play well I'll look at bigger picture. 

Obviously if play like **** and win, I'll take it😁

I respect your right to an alternative opinion , saving the last sentence of course ,that does you no favours 

Plenty have told what they think and why yet still you insinuate the racism thing. Fucking deplorable!

Monk was shit or was that a gingerism?

5 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

4 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

No I gave an opinion that whatever Moore does there is a section of the fanbase that will never accept him , I dont think all of those people are racists far from it , but have seen on line evidence in the past of that happening , have read this site for a number of years am unsurprised by the thoughtful reasoning from the predictable accounts . To quantify that I have seen no racist insinuations on this site , it does however seem to have been received as such . I did also say there are no excuses for him this season 

I think @Dronowl66 made some decent points that have got lost amidst the potential racist claim, which I think was clumsy at the very least.

There might well be some who are anti him on those grounds, but I really hope that it’s a tiny minority; and it definitely does not apply to his detractors on here.

We’re on an incredible run, but as pointed out there are still references made to the last game we lost. 

We’re unbeaten in 20 odd games, including two against top flight opposition and he gets very little credit.

Every time we lose (or even draw) he’s been out thought by the opponent’s manager, every time we win it’s because we’ve got the best squad in the division.

That narrative is just not fair.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, JBO said:

Anybody using the term "out thought" regarding football is basically admitting they don't actually understand the game

Can we say he's been out manoeuvred by an opposition boss when their subs have won them the game, asking for a mate who doesn't understand the game (Bartos) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, cheat said:

I think @Dronowl66 made some decent points that have got lost amidst the potential racist claim, which I think was clumsy at the very least.

There might well be some who are anti him on those grounds, but I really hope that it’s a tiny minority; and it definitely does not apply to his detractors on here.

We’re on an incredible run, but as pointed out there are still references made to the last game we lost. 

We’re unbeaten in 20 odd games, including two against top flight opposition and he gets very little credit.

Every time we lose (or even draw) he’s been out thought by the opponent’s manager, every time we win it’s because we’ve got the best squad in the division.

That narrative is just not fair.

I agree Cheat. However, DM has got some decisions wrong but that is normal and dare I say it statistically likely to happen over a season. However he’s basically got the majority of his decisions right with some outstanding results, eg against Newcastle and so nearly against Soton. 
It’s different challenge tomorrow, but even if we lose it doesn’t determine anything.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2023 at 12:06, Dronowl66 said:

Well this is interesting. ‘A section of our fan base who will never accept him” because of his skin colour.

interesting that you make this serious claim without providing any evidence.
You don’t say who,  you don’t say when you saw or heard this, you don’t say how large or small this ‘section of our fanbase ‘ is.

In fact, you don’t specify anything supporting this pretty awful claim, that anyone could call measurable and able to stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

You just make a sweeping, serious and deeply unpleasant claim about your own teams fanbase. 

Im in my 40s and we’ve had black players from when I I was literally started going to games (Cunningham) and largely ever since, so four decades basically.
And I can’t once recall an issue from our fans towards black players.

Yet today in 2023 you suggest we have a racism problem, because we have a manager who is black? Do you not think this new found prejudice would appear a bit odd in view of the above? 

If I administered this site I would ask ask you to share evidence of what you claim to be true, otherwise apologise and retract it. 

Will you be doing that?
After all, such a serious thing in this day and age, should be pretty easy to exemplify would it not?

12 minutes ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

Well this is interesting. ‘A section of our fan base who will never accept him” because of his skin colour.

interesting that you make this serious claim without providing any evidence.
You don’t say who,  you don’t say when you saw or heard this, you don’t say how large or small this ‘section of our fanbase ‘ is.

In fact, you don’t specify anything supporting this pretty awful claim, that anyone could call measurable and able to stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

You just make a sweeping, serious and deeply unpleasant claim about your own teams fanbase. 

Im in my 40s and we’ve had black players from when I I was literally started going to games (Cunningham) and largely ever since, so four decades basically.
And I can’t once recall an issue from our fans towards black players.

Yet today in 2023 you suggest we have a racism problem, because we have a manager who is black? Do you not think this new found prejudice would appear a bit odd in view of the above? 

If I administered this site I would ask ask you to share evidence of what you claim to be true, otherwise apologise and retract it. 

Will you be doing that?
After all, such a serious thing in this day and age, should be pretty easy to exemplify would it not?

You don't administer this site though and never well. You're lucky to still be posting.

• 4 weeks later...