Injury List Season 22/23

Germanbird

2 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

"suspected dislocated shoulder"

chuff me - cyclists just pop it back in and get on with the 6 hour 200Km stage up an alpine mountain

Hardly comparative with being a c.b. at football, where you can expect to get bashed about whilst leaping and falling regularly.  Remember Bryan Robson back in the day? His seemed to recurr readily and he wasn't even a defender.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Not before his contract is up?

I think he'll get offered another year as a utility stand by. The momentum this squad has probably means Moore won't do much tinkering to the main 14 or so apart from strengthening in a couple of areas. 

27 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I think he'll get offered another year as a utility stand by. The momentum this squad has probably means Moore won't do much tinkering to the main 14 or so apart from strengthening in a couple of areas. 

I'd try to sign Semedo before Paterson if he's just gonna be a mascot

15 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Still awaiting prognosis on Windass and Byers as per DM last night. 

Wilks is very close to a return, Paterson making very positive strides to being back too. 

Wilks has been awful so far but I guess in his defence he needs a decent run of games to get back on it....

You watch him smash the goal in that makes us Champions.

On 23/03/2023 at 14:12, owl4ever1867 said:

Wilks has been awful so far but I guess in his defence he needs a decent run of games to get back on it....

You watch him smash the goal in that makes us Champions.

I said a while ago that Wilks is an absolute dog but will score the goal that gets us promoted a la Nile Ranger.

To be fair since I said that think he has improved and he has been missed from the bench. 

49 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

He’s not been out a week or 2. You’d be pissed off as a player if you got rushed back to break down again, especially if you’ve no contract anywhere beyond the summer like with him

Which, along with Arsenal bastards, is exactly what fooked up D. Hirst Esq. 

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

He’s not been out a week or 2. You’d be pissed off as a player if you got rushed back to break down again, especially if you’ve no contract anywhere beyond the summer like with him

We've not got a good history as a club at hurrying folks back from injury. Yes, I understand it's different staff, eras but.... Simon Donnelly and Kieran Lee both come to mind.

• Like 1

Tbh I don’t think the next 2 games are the be all and end for getting Pato back but Shrewsbury and Exter will be tougher and potentially Derby who it looks like might need a result.

btw Im not taking the next 2 games for granted but I just think those that are fit should be enough 

Reading beyond the word volume I don't think Pato is fully fit yet. It reads like he's cleared the rehabilitation stuff enough to be back in general training but they're still to assess how he comes through reactive movement, the part where your brain tells you to suddenly change direction and how your body copes with that. 

Anyone who's broken a leg will have gone through the same process. Cast comes off and it's ok to walk on, then you build to running, but how's your brain and nerves as you walk onto that 5-a-side pitch for the first time? Do you trust to your leg?

12 hours ago, Ozzie said:

How many other managers do you hear speaking about getting volume into players? It's so odd that our players get knocks and fall off the face of the earth. 

I don't pay much attention to other teams injury lists, so somewhere between none and all of them?

13 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Tbh I don’t think the next 2 games are the be all and end for getting Pato back but Shrewsbury and Exter will be tougher and potentially Derby who it looks like might need a result.

btw Im not taking the next 2 games for granted but I just think those that are fit should be enough 

We thought that v FGR, Cheltenham and Lincoln.

Not a fan of "Pato" but he's got the shithouse bit about him that the rest of league 1 teams have and we seem to lack. 

Cant stand the "gamesmanship" (if ever a word was used wrongly this is it) that teams use against us and the weak refs fall for it. How many times do we see the oppo roll around and a foul gets given? 

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at this…

Out of 43 league games played so far this season the number of those games missed by each player due to injury (and the odd suspension) is :-
Heneghen 32
Ihiekwe 24
Adeniran 21
Wilks  21
Famewo 20
Byers 19
Hunt 17
James 14
Paterson 14
Windass 9
Gregory 8
Iorfa 7
Smith 6
Dele Bashiru 5
Bannan 4
Johnson 4

53 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Take a look at this…

Out of 43 league games played so far this season the number of those games missed by each player due to injury (and the odd suspension) is :-
Heneghen 32
Ihiekwe 24
Adeniran 21
Wilks  21
Famewo 20
Byers 19
Hunt 17
James 14
Paterson 14
Windass 9
Gregory 8
Iorfa 7
Smith 6
Dele Bashiru 5
Bannan 4
Johnson 4

You trying to say we’ve a injury problem 😂

11 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Take a look at this…

Heneghen 32
Ihiekwe 24
Adeniran 21
Wilks  21
Famewo 20
Byers 19
Hunt 17
James 14
Paterson 14
Windass 9
Gregory 8
Iorfa 7
Smith 6
Dele Bashiru 5
Bannan 4
Johnson 4

That’s pretty depressing tbh..

On injuries.

Here are DM’s reasons why we’ve had so many.

"Like I've explained before, there's many aspects: the speed of the game, the volume, the travel, the pitch density. I'll even say the boots of the players! I look at the boots players wear now and they've just gone full circle from what I used to play in.

"Even things like that can affect these injuries. You could break it down and spend fortunes and look at all these aspects but there's too many areas to cover. What you try and do is make the players as physically conditioned to withstand all this. Sometimes there are hidden things that you can't legislate for. Reece James, for example, is perfectly fit. It was just an impact injury and just one of those things."

Boots are a big problem. Endorsements are very rare outside of PL level (unless you're a 'name') so players look and think Kane's, Haaland's, Messi's boots look good so I'll have a pair of those. Those players boots are custom made to fit their feet whereas they're semi off the shelf the lower down you go. Also Ronaldo's boots aren't made for regular use on all grass pitches with different densities.

Density is also a major factor. Regardless of all the money spent, Middlewood does not mirror Hillsborough. I remember Carlos saying they trained on Hillsborough when they could as the training pitch didn't feel right. We need to move. If we ever got to the Premier League then we'd have to move as Middlewood wouldn't fit (and couldn't fit) PL criteria, especially around academy standard. If we'd have got promoted in 2016 then we wouldn't be at Middlewood now. Then there's the difference in pitch standards at L1 clubs. from all grass to various degrees of artificial stranding. 

16 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Boots are a big problem. Endorsements are very rare outside of PL level (unless you're a 'name') so players look and think Kane's, Haaland's, Messi's boots look good so I'll have a pair of those. Those players boots are custom made to fit their feet whereas they're semi off the shelf the lower down you go. Also Ronaldo's boots aren't made for regular use on all grass pitches with different densities.

Density is also a major factor. Regardless of all the money spent, Middlewood does not mirror Hillsborough. I remember Carlos saying they trained on Hillsborough when they could as the training pitch didn't feel right. We need to move. If we ever got to the Premier League then we'd have to move as Middlewood wouldn't fit (and couldn't fit) PL criteria, especially around academy standard. If we'd have got promoted in 2016 then we wouldn't be at Middlewood now. Then there's the difference in pitch standards at L1 clubs. from all grass to various degrees of artificial stranding. 

Last man stranding?