Jump to content

2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

According to transfermarket these are the definites we have for next season.

Dawson, Iorfa, Brown, Bannan, Byers, Adeniran, FDB, Windass, Gregory and Alex Hunt. 

Question marks over the contract lengths given to Johnson, Sow and NML. 

Hutch, Dunkley, Luongo, Jack Hunt, Berahino, Paterson,and Wildsmith's contracts all expire in June

And just seen that Hirsty beat me to this list in another thread

Edited by Tylluan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A striker with pace and a proven goalscoring record at Championship level......then another battering ram target man.....plus Gregory....

....let Windass and Berahino chip off ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

According to transfermarket these are the definites we have for next season.

Dawson, Iorfa, Brown, Bannan, Byers, Adeniran, FDB, Windass, Gregory and Alex Hunt. 

Question marks over the contract lengths given to Johnson, Sow and NML. 

Hutch, Dunkley, Luongo, Jack Hunt, Berahino, Paterson,and Wildsmith's contracts all expire in June

And just seen that Hirsty beat me to this list in another thread

Great minds !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only 9 or 10 weeks until start of next season.....then take 7 weeks off that before contracts run down on June 30th.........hopefully we've done a retain list and we're already negotiating incoming signings....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

An unreliable twitter feed is saying this.

Sheffield Wednesday have opened talks to sign West Brom defender Caleb Taylor. 

I hope he's better than his fucking favver

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems Paterson has another year left on his contract so he won't be going anywhere

One of the A-League programs mentioned Western Sydney Wanderers are thinking of offering a deal to Luongo in the event Jack Rodwell doesn't sign a new deal with them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/05/2022 at 10:08, MPB said:

Are we still only allowed £13m per season under FFP?

Spending limits are calculated differently for League 1.  It's based on player wages as a percentage of turnover I believe.  However an owner is allowed to offset any overspend with donations or equity as long as the donations are not registered as loans or debt against the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mogbad said:

Spending limits are calculated differently for League 1.  It's based on player wages as a percentage of turnover I believe.  However an owner is allowed to offset any overspend with donations or equity as long as the donations are not registered as loans or debt against the club.

Cheers! 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Couple of lads behind me at the Pompey game seemed convinced we were in for their keeper. No idea where it came from or if there's owt in it?!

The Man City lad?    Had a decent game despite shippin' 4 goals...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

An unreliable twitter feed is saying this.

Sheffield Wednesday have opened talks to sign West Brom defender Caleb Taylor. 

Like father like son 

Sheffield+Wednesday+v+Bolton+Wanderers+npower+nYPHlWD_qpCx.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Andyben said:

Gregory and Vardy up top next season.

 

Oof 

 

17 hours ago, Andyben said:

Gregory and Vardy up top next season.

 

Oof 

Reg or Rebekah ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, owl71 said:

I needed Google to remind myself that Martin Taylor played for us.  Very forgettable.  Not quite crap enough to be memorably crap, like Branston or Purse.

Was good at writing the programme notes tbf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Sounds like Jack Hunt is leaving in the Summer, shame as I thought he bought alot to that right hand side.

Where do you gleam that from? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

Seen where that Crann guy at the stir is saying we're showing interest in Panutche Camara at Plymouth.

He was very lively at Home Park...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Where do you gleam that from? 

Thoroughly enjoyed my time coming back to @swfc unfortunately we failed to achieve what we set out to achieve!! Now my time is focused on being with my family and enjoying some rest. Thank you for your support this season JH32"

'its on his Instagram, which then led to newspapers saying his future may lay elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billysboy said:

Seen where that Crann guy at the stir is saying we're showing interest in Panutche Camara at Plymouth.

yeah just seen that. Camara is a bit of athletic lad from what I recall of him, bit like Adeniran. Not sure we need another one? Unless DA suffers with reoccurring injuries (HOPEFULLY NOT)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

yeah just seen that. Camara is a bit of athletic lad from what I recall of him, bit like Adeniran. Not sure we need another one? Unless DA suffers with reoccurring injuries (HOPEFULLY NOT)

I reckon he's exactly what we need. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Championship. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...