Jump to content

2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...


Recommended Posts

I still rate Luongo, especially at this level. I just wonder if he has one eye on the World Cup squad. Is Vaulks an upgrade? I don't know. Does he have an eye on a Wales place? Does it matter? I think we are losing a good player. 

Edited by tomcore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve got to say, if Luongo had averaged more than 25 league games a season, then this conversation would be a different one.

He’s clearly a very good player at this level and a decent one at the level above. But he’s a crock. And injuries have played a part into our drop into the third tier, and more critically, played a massive part in us not going up last season.

We absolutely have to get in the right type of quality that is going to be available for 38 games plus.

I feel sorry for Mass, because historically he has played a lot of games.

Good luck to him, if fit, very good player and could get a deal higher up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Always thought Luongo would move on and will be off back down South or to Oz.

Great player to have and hopefully Vaulks a good longer term replacement. 

No real issues with Joe or NML leaving.  At that point NML had a couple of blinders thought he might be the difference but after getting injured in Feb (I think) looked as though was playing within himself too much.  Joe cannot be the constant number 2/3 and needs to try at make a number 1 spot his own.   Somewhere like Donny would be a good move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KrolMong said:

I’ve got to say, if Luongo had averaged more than 25 league games a season, then this conversation would be a different one.

He’s clearly a very good player at this level and a decent one at the level above. But he’s a crock. And injuries have played a part into our drop into the third tier, and more critically, played a massive part in us not going up last season.

We absolutely have to get in the right type of quality that is going to be available for 38 games plus.

I feel sorry for Mass, because historically he has played a lot of games.

Good luck to him, if fit, very good player and could get a deal higher up.

Agreed. No one doubts his ability, he's outstanding at our level and more than good enough further up. If him Vaulks and BB were to be out midfield then something has gone very wrong if, with addition of a striker and CH we don't get auto. Vaulks gives us legs and physical presence which with Dennis and Fizz missing we didn't have. Byers is excellent technical player but him BB and Mass got out run at times. 

Unfortunately it looks like Mass will be leaving. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

It's been on the table for nearly 6 weeks now, he clearly hadn't signed it, we can't wait forever and now moved on

The thing is. Apparently it hasn’t been on the table for 6 weeks. More like about 2/3.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MPB said:

Byers is a quality player at this level, him, BB and Vaulks is a bloody good midfield trio IMO...

Agreed. I've absolutely nothing against Byers at all, it's just IMO we need a mixture of different types and I think Vaulks gives us that 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't remember where I saw it, but we've been linked with Sunderland winger Jack Diamond. Spent last season at Harrogate. Seen him many times. Much better than League 2 standard but he's an out and out old school winger who couldn't tackle a fish supper ,not a wing back so can't see him fitting into Moores system. 

Decent but produced the worst miss I've EVER seen live in last game of season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Canterburyowl said:

 

What?? TBH I don't believe that. Don't get me wrong, those 2 would be just brilliant, but I can't see it. 

I'd be getting stuck into the 6/1 for the title if they do!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Warne wants to keep both but Stewart won't break his wage structure as he doesn't want to be paying 'silly' (£15k) money when they fall back into league 1. 

What we can offer is a sizeable increase, upon promotion, and promotion bonuses. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

The thing is. Apparently it hasn’t been on the table for 6 weeks. More like about 2/3.

Presume they asked for an answer prior to them being due back for pre season which I believe is tomorrow isn't it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wednesday fans wetting themselves over the fact that they've been forced to pay well over the odds for two players at the fag end of their career in a desperate attempt to get promoted from Division 3.
 

And there off 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Wednesday fans wetting themselves over the fact that they've been forced to pay well over the odds for two players at the fag end of their career in a desperate attempt to get promoted from Division 3.
 

And there off 🙌🙌🙌🙌

I get that. But...... 

For me, if they come off, I'm not sure we could have done any better in our current situation. Add that to fact the business is being done very early, not sure we could do much more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

I get that. But...... 

For me, if they come off, I'm not sure we could have done any better in our current situation. Add that to fact the business is being done very early, not sure we could do much more. 

He's quoting a Rotherham fan I suspect.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

He's quoting a Rotherham fan I suspect.

Sorry I should have made that clear and yes I am quoting one of them.

I also keep getting messages saying Mind the Gap but I never understood this from them lot last season 

disclaimer I’m full of covid again 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure but I suspect this has been watered down slightly. Was sure an article on Twitter simply said they were signing for us. Now more like "likely to sign for".

As our lot have all piled on for two hours and theirs have all committed sepuku, if this doesn't happen now, we will be the biggest laughing stock ever.  Gerrit done!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Not sure but I suspect this has been watered down slightly. Was sure an article on Twitter simply said they were signing for us. Now more like "likely to sign for".

As our lot have all piled on for two hours and theirs have all committed sepuku, if this doesn't happen now, we will be the biggest laughing stock ever.  Gerrit done!  

Overreaction 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

Presume they asked for an answer prior to them being due back for pre season which I believe is tomorrow isn't it?

They’re already back. It was the start of this week. 
With the exception of Stockdale who’s been given a little longer due to being in the playoff final, and Bannan who got married last weekend (so would assume Pato is off too)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if Michael Smith has signed with Michael Ihiekwe as local journalists are saying, and along with Vaulks and Heneghan, how many more incomings are we expecting. Probably still need a left back and centre back for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Morley Owl said:

So if Michael Smith has signed with Michael Ihiekwe as local journalists are saying, and along with Vaulks and Heneghan, how many more incomings are we expecting. Probably still need a left back and centre back for me

Pacey forward like Wilks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Warne wants to keep both but Stewart won't break his wage structure as he doesn't want to be paying 'silly' (£15k) money when they fall back into league 1. 

What we can offer is a sizeable increase, upon promotion, and promotion bonuses. 

 

Incredible signing and it’s rattled the Millers given theyve been ripping us recently.

 

But if it’s really 15k each that’s a lot of money and above average even for the championship. Pressure on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Smith, I don't think we could get a better striker at this level with his record. I've been quite critical of Moore, but he and obviously DC are really delivering. The chairman has backed him, he definitely needs to deliver. Getting the players in early is a massive plus 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...