Has he gone yet?

Reesh

In his interview on RS he basically said that because they made 3 substitutions at the corner none of the defenders knew who they should be marking

It was like it was a good reason to let a goal in and couldn't be helped so can't complain

instead of acknowledging a masterstroke by their manager it was more like cheating - of course Moore is way too nice to be so sneaky as to get an advantage like that

• Like 1

Pressed post before I could finish!
But..

Can't remember the last time I left Hillsborough with my voice hoarse from cheering on sustained pressure and attempts on goal.
It's dull as fuck.
FGR game second half - had a chance for double figures and to fill up our goal difference. That +5 from last week is now rubbed out to a +3 cos we just played it out like a training session.
In our other home wins, we've been shite.
Portsmouth had most of the ball after the first 15 minutes and should have won.
Charlton dominated us and should have won. We fluked it.
FGR was weird.
And today we got absolutely bullied and bossed by Barnsley.
Nothing for the home crowd to get excited about that would whip up a storm of an atmosphere and push the lads to victory.

No. Instead, we get faffing around the back. Pedestrian, checking back when in good positions and slow, laboured, telegraphed periods of dull posession when we do have the ball.

Loads of people in football have said we have the best squad in the league or at least one of the best.
Get them to play on the front foot and give us something to, ya know - get excited about.

Can Moore get them doing that?
I doubt it but he'll have a few games yet to try a different approach. If he doesn't change, it's all up to Mr. Chansiri and what his tipping point is.

In the first half the ball was passed back to Johnson about 30 yards out who had so much time and space to get a cross or even to run at the defence. He fannied about with the ball and ended up passing it inside, probably to Bannan, and we lost it

As someone else has said Gregory and Windass must have thought - what the f*ck are we doing wasting our time being on the pitch

Last season I think Moore gave himself too many options.  As a result he spent the first half of the season trying to figure out what is best line up was, with a lot of “guess the formation” team selections, and utterly bizarre substitutions.  By the time he figured out what his best side was we’d dropped so many points that top two was gone.  I’d just about convinced myself that he’d learnt from last season, at least before yesterday. What on earth was he trying to do with his substitutions yesterday?  It’s like we went to 4-2-4 and then carried on trying to play through the thirds.  Everybody’s allowed the occasional bad day at the office I suppose, but almost every single aspect of yesterday was complete fucking turd, I really cannot think of a single positive.  We need to be way better than that the next few games, or my patience with Moore will be used up.

6 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

In his interview on RS he basically said that because they made 3 substitutions at the corner none of the defenders knew who they should be marking

It was like it was a good reason to let a goal in and couldn't be helped so can't complain

instead of acknowledging a masterstroke by their manager it was more like cheating - of course Moore is way too nice to be so sneaky as to get an advantage like that

Free marking aside, that was a stonking header though. 

5 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

In the first half the ball was passed back to Johnson about 30 yards out who had so much time and space to get a cross or even to run at the defence. He fannied about with the ball and ended up passing it inside, probably to Bannan, and we lost it

As someone else has said Gregory and Windass must have thought - what the f*ck are we doing wasting our time being on the pitch

To be fair we had a man clean through to near the goal line twice in the 1st half, once Johnson, (from a Bannan ball inside the full back), and once Baz, (after twirling past the other full back), and neither crossed the ball. Why? 'Cos there was nobody in the middle, (except Gregory once, heavily marked).   Frustration all round.  

Interesting after watching the Man Ure v Arse game how the 5 sub option is just as likely to backfire as be successful.

Tbf managers are damned if they do or don't try and change it. 

For me the first rule of football is to get control of the game. That doesn't mean possession for the sake of it, but you get decent ball in good positions that puts the opposition under pressure. 

Unlike Arsenal who had that but fucked up their momentum by changing too much. We never got to grips with getting control of the game in midfield. The subs did not help that, it was pointless 

12 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

We never got to grips with getting control of the game in midfield. The subs did not help that, it was pointless 

Saturday's game showed we have no 'power' presence in the middle without FDB or Adeniran. We could have utilised what we did have better though but Moore decided to throw the kitchen sink of forwards on instead. 

We could have used Vaulks and Byers as a holding middle 2 and gone for pure width with Johnson and Mighten. Stockdale would then have had width to aim at as another option to playing out. That might have turned Williams and Kitching around and brought Thomas back in from his advanced midfield role. Creating a back 4 of Palmer Ihiekwe McGuinness and James might also have provided a more stable platform. 

If we're going to play 3-4-1-2 then Windass is better suited to the advanced midfield role as he offers more attacking options.  Then you can perm any two from Gregory, Smith, Wilks up front. Look at how high Thomas sat, especially for that interception of Stockdale's pass out, and how he looked to feed the front two all the time. We didn't have that link so our front two became ineffectual. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bricat said:

POSITIVES

He has proven success as a manager.

He fell out with Pubehead.

He would lose all his mates.

Uses substitutes well

He hates us and wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.

NEGATIVES

100% TAINTED

Being sacked from your last two jobs is hardly successful.