Updates at S6… around and in the ground.

23 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

This fanzone thing isn’t bad, decent atmosphere.

Yes it seems quite positive, The band playing quite a few people Enjoying themselves and spending a few extra quid before the match. There was a huge queue at the club shop so I went to see what the fan zone was like . I can see it has limitations if the weather is bad though.

The queue for the beer at the fan zone was too long (about 1:45) so I didn’t bother.

The “band” whilst enthusiastic weren’t much better than karaoke. Although they did select a few tunes to try to liven things up a bit.

No food on, even though there’s a hot dog stall in the car park.

But it all seemed very popular. Need to add something for the kids I think.

2 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

The queue for the beer at the fan zone was too long (about 1:45) so I didn’t bother.

The “band” whilst enthusiastic weren’t much better than karaoke. Although they did select a few tunes to try to liven things up a bit.

No food on, even though there’s a hot dog stall in the car park.

But it all seemed very popular. Need to add something for the kids I think.

It’s not a huge thing but the sight of Ozzie owl into the fanzone about 2.15 certainly interested quite a few

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Seen quite a few posts online about the poor level of service in general around the ground. Again.

Had moaning buggers behind me when queuing upstairs in the North. I felt like saying something, as the club had actually asked for patience & early arrival as it was first day at work for many new servers, but managed to not do.  

Some people just want to whine and whinge. I got a pint inside the North on the top concourse in the middle (near gangway S) at about 2.20ish (I think) and it cant have been more than a 10minute wait. After that I had a look at the Fanzone but thought it looked busy and carried on into the North. Anyway, when I'd got my pint and looked down on to the fanzone there was hardly a queue at the Fanzone bar, which was something we laughed at because we'd all thought the long queue was for the bar and it was actually for the portaloo.

Having said that, the queue for kiosk at the top of the ramp up to the North concourse (KOP end) was blocked at the top of the ramp and there were no stewards to be seen, didn't seem like a good idea.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was back for the Barnsley game and in my normal seat on the grandstand and it was a lot quicker to get served than in previous seasons, i probably waited no more than 5 mins before the game and at half time, whereas in previous years I’ve gone down in 35 mins to ensure I get a pint before 3.50.

4 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I was back for the Barnsley game and in my normal seat on the grandstand and it was a lot quicker to get served than in previous seasons, i probably waited no more than 5 mins before the game and at half time, whereas in previous years I’ve gone down in 35 mins to ensure I get a pint before 3.50.

Funny that I was on the Grandstand that day!