Season ticket refused 😳 discuss

I’m on the fence on this. It seems a bit petty of the club, “cut off your nose to spite your face” type action and brings more ridicule to the club.

But, did many (any) of those bringing action against the club genuinely and desperately need the money at the time? All they had to do was put the money towards the next season’s season ticket and they’d have had the money back ages ago. So fuck em for bringing embarrassment on the club.

Personally, if I was in charge, I’d be trying to draw a line under the whole episode. 

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

The mojority on the old site said this should be the case.

Pricks taking the club to small claims court during an unprecented time when income dropped 80% aren't fans and don't deserve to be welcomed back

This. They're not Wednesday fans, they're bell ends. They've sniffed the chance of a bit of success this season and they want back in after previously taking the club to court over a few quid.

There's veiled digs in the article about the running of the club despite the fact that DC made sure everyone was paid properly and didn't go laying off admin staff like a certain other club did. DC also made it very clear - if you take us to court you won't be welcome back. They've fucked up going to the Star as we now all know who they are and will call them out for the wankers they are.

• Like 4

Well done SWFC.

He didn’t care about SWFC when he was taking the club to court, so why should the club give a flying one about him now?

And what’s to say the prick wouldn’t do the same again, should we ever experience another lockdown?

I agree with some comments made in this thread about the timing of this article and that it does have a go at the club. Why do this the day before the season opens, when most of us are feeling optimistic and looking forward to kick-off tomorrow?

That rag is definitely called ‘The Stir’ for a reason! 

• Like 1

Not being able to buy a season ticket isn't a banning order. Bob and Dave can pay on the door if they want to go to a game. Though right at the bottom of the article, the Stir does report it's in the T&C's so fuck em. 

Wonder what the Trust's response will be seeing as there's only door to lay this at. I believe their AGM is coming up soon. Wonder if there'll be a few disgruntled members having a go at the advice given. 

Seen a couple of journos trying to defend this one and getting ripped to pieces. You can see the reason why the clubs off-field hierarchy don’t deal with the Star or even RS.

Eve of the season, first game a home game, and this gets printed. And now there is a big social media debate about it when it should be on tomorrows game.

And on the clubs stance, it’s simple, as soon as it went to the small claims court, the supporters rights are revoked. 

4 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

The only bit of that article I agree with is that club and ticket office is bloody awful at replying to queries, take days if they do actually reply.

No wonder it takes them so long to reply if this is indicative of the types of shit they have to deal with.

I'm astounded they had the brass balls to ask why they were being refused. It was made extremely clear at the time, anyone pursuing this course of action wouldn't be welcome back, nor should they be

With hindsight a money refund should not have been an option.

Credit against future ticket or shop purchases, or the iFollow subscription should have been the only options.

But, once the club did then they really should have dealt with it a lot quicker.

Not condoning anyone that went down the civil action route by the way, and I totally agree that the Trust (or whichever body it was) should hang their heads in shame for their part in that, but providing no information or no option of changing your mind and converting to credit v future sales was poor from the club. 

On balance I think I agree with them not being allowed a purchase.

1 minute ago, cheat said:

Credit against future ticket or shop purchases, or the iFollow subscription should have been the only options.

But, once the club did then they really should have dealt with it a lot quicker.

Not condoning anyone that went down the civil action route by the way, and I totally agree that the Trust (or whichever body it was) should hang their heads in shame for their part in that, but providing no information or no option of changing your mind and converting to credit v future sales was poor from the club. 

Shame Dave Allen wasn't as keen to issue bans when the black balloon lot courted Bates 

If one of my clients made a claim against me I wouldn’t want to give him any more of my services, but more to the point I doubt he would want them.

No sympathy for this guy at all, no matter how much he needed the money he didn’t have to take the club he claims to support to court. 

30 minutes ago, Chelters said:

If one of my clients made a claim against me I wouldn’t want to give him any more of my services, but more to the point I doubt he would want them.

No sympathy for this guy at all, no matter how much he needed the money he didn’t have to take the club he claims to support to court. 

Exactly, this isn't Curry's or Tesco, it's the club he claims to SUPPORT who like others were suffering the financial impact of the pandemic. Unlike some club's they did offer refunds but said it would be a long process, the guys a prick and the club are right to do this to him and any other twats that did the same.

11 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Fuck me had to stop reading the OT thread after 3 pages. Good job I am banned from there as I would be banned again 

Chelts is spot on, on a business level why would I offer a service for someone who sued me previously for providing that service. 

Tbh I would be banning Hargreaves and his sycophants 

I reckon that lots been starved of the negativity they crave of late, were always gonna be like maggots on a corpse with this.

2 hours ago, cheat said:

Weren't donations to the club's various activities options also?  I seem to remember opting to donate to the club's community activities.  Whilst I'm not claiming to be a saint and there'll have been plenty others, it's a long way from doing that to taking your club to court.  And then participating in today's smear / stunt. 

Edited by Owling_Wolf
  • Like 1

The fans are not banned… the fans can pay in the gate. 

I am pleased the fans in question that they are now are in a financial position again to afford outplaying for a season ticket.

I am sorry they may have to pick and choose their games in the future.

As for the clubs decision I have zero issue with it, indeed I applaud it as I am pretty sure said fans were warned.

As for the timing of the article - very poor for local paper to air it now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

I believe they offered assistance to people who wished to make a civil claim against the club. Do members not get some input on this ?

The Trust 'board' unilaterally (it wasn't voted on) published a how to guide for those that wanted it but kept caveating that it wasn't saying you should take this path, but here's the paperwork anyway.

But like the Martin Lewis website giving you access to all sorts of forms to challenge judgements but saying it's up to you if you want to use them. 

1 hour ago, Billysboy said:

I believe they offered assistance to people who wished to make a civil claim against the club. Do members not get some input on this ?

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

The Trust 'board' unilaterally (it wasn't voted on) published a how to guide for those that wanted it but kept caveating that it wasn't saying you should take this path, but here's the paperwork anyway.

But like the Martin Lewis website giving you access to all sorts of forms to challenge judgements but saying it's up to you if you want to use them. 

There’s the answer.

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Thanks for that, so they laid the groundwork for people who wanted to take that route.

Let’s work this one through.  People who could afford to fork out £500 for something end up so desperate to get back about a quarter of that money that they take an institution that is apparently close to their hearts to the small claims court.  Hhhm.  Yep I think fuck off is the correct response.

• Like 4

On 29/07/2022 at 08:38, HappyOwl said:

Think he's just been on radio Sheffield asking Statton if he can try to contact the club on the matter, says if the club would have contacted his son and asked him to take a credit he would have, why the fuck didn't he do that in the first place like others did, ****.

• Like 1