Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

Reesh

1 minute ago, Steve444 said:

Zero chance of that. Unless he was offered a Lib Dem candidate position in a safe LD ward.

Its unlikely, but it wouldn't surprise me. The only thing saving him is the World Cup is only few months away. He'll be gone after it anyway. 

17 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

You know what. When I was thinking of a foreign manager, his name crossed my mind.

Two years at England. Decent WC and Euros and he'll walk into any club job.

Wont be easy for him after failing so badly at PSG.

Dier at CB...

Edited by Andyben

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

At least the rest of the country are catching up with the views on here. 

I bet C4 are delighted with securing the rights for this now. Woke football to go with the woke coverage 

At least there will be no misconception of thinking we will go far in the tournament. 

And as an aside can we fuck off Footballs Coming Home 

Shite coverage 

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

I had a gut feeling he would walk but I was wrong, but as you say Hoyland, he will be gone after the World Cup, one way or another 

He's not going to walk from that cushy number mate. Not until the proper pressure is piled on. I suspect the FA are, 'that was a poor result but it doesn't matter' at the moment.

Gareth.....leave the social politics to the FA bods who get paid very highly to do that.....stop trying to accommodate every fucker for the sake of it and pick yer best 11......

BOOM....World Cup Winners 2022...

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

He's not going to walk from that cushy number mate. Not until the proper pressure is piled on. I suspect the FA are, 'that was a poor result but it doesn't matter' at the moment.

Your prob right, but he doesn't need the money etc and while, frankly he's not, in my opinion, a good manager, he's a really decent honourable bloke, who doesn't need the hassle. If World Cup was a year away might be different 

3 hours ago, MPB said:

Gareth.....leave the social politics to the FA bods who get paid very highly to do that.....stop trying to accommodate every fucker for the sake of it and pick yer best 11......

BOOM....World Cup Winners 2022...

What's his best 11?

35 minutes ago, Mark said:

Your prob right, but he doesn't need the money etc and while, frankly he's not, in my opinion, a good manager, he's a really decent honourable bloke, who doesn't need the hassle. If World Cup was a year away might be different 

That's a very fair point.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

iF HE HAD ANY HONOUR, REAL HONOUR, HED WALK

3 hours ago, Andyben said:

iF HE HAD ANY HONOUR, REAL HONOUR, HED WALK

That's why I thought he'd do it TBH. As I think he has. But he may think with some justification, that these 4 games have come at end of season and frankly are glorified friendlies and he and players can turn it around. 

Although I think that's covering over some massive cracks. We've been bang average 4 a long time 

20 minutes ago, Steve444 said:

Maguire shouldn't be any where near making the England team.

Awful player. (£100M for that crap)

As much as it is right to pick players in form to feature for the national squad, which is the way it should be.

He’s been dump for Man Ure. 
But has very rarely let England down. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

As much as it is right to pick players in form to feature for the national squad, which is the way it should be.

He’s been dump for Man Ure. 
But has very rarely let England down. 

Would you risk him at the WC?

I'm not convinced.

20 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Based on his England performances, yes I would. 

I hope you're right.

He's a firm favourite of the current manager, so I'm sure he will be one of the starting 11.

I'm happy to be proved wrong on this occasion though.