Poundland Pantsdown?

I saw an interview with the 'new owner' on the net the other day. My god, he seems a right chancer. 

His explanation on the 'Tinga airways' or whatever it was called. The company didn't exist a few years ago, but he'd always dreamed about owning an airline.. Covid stopped it happening.. He then invested/partnered Tinga in another company, then he and his business partner dissolved it. Or summat.

It was like 'this one time at band camp'. 

Get him in. It'll be amusing.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bricat said:

Have been informed that the lyingragnewspaper misinformed apprentice journo supports the victims.

Got his first hack role on the Liverpool Echo in 89 and his first major story was the disaster. Since then he's covered the enquiries, the trials, and when there's was nothing to go on he's still written about 3 stories a year on it or us. 

Since he joined the mail he's become more toxic (my opinion, to cover the legals) but, interestingly, the mail is going through a restructure and a lot of people are being pushed out the door. Those that are left have been told that all that matters are clicks to the website (various Private Eyes)

He's certainly ticking those boxes

3 hours ago, bricat said:

Have been informed that the lyingragnewspaper misinformed apprentice journo supports the victims.

Wow some informer you have there letting you in on that freely available anywhere for ages information

They’ve got a number of loans secured against promotion that will keep them going until the summer.

If they don’t go, there will be a fire sale like never seen before. Any player of any value will be sold to settle the 8 figure football debt they owe to other clubs. The wage bill, which is apparently still upwards of 70 million a year will need to come down by 50-60 million.

Even with promotion, they will be cannon fodder unless they get new ownership, they owe that much money that the transfer budget would be loans and frees.

My IP friend has made it clear that promotion solves the issue, but no promotion would mean potential admin but very much League One in two years.

23 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Got his first hack role on the Liverpool Echo in 89 and his first major story was the disaster. Since then he's covered the enquiries, the trials, and when there's was nothing to go on he's still written about 3 stories a year on it or us. 

Since he joined the mail he's become more toxic (my opinion, to cover the legals) but, interestingly, the mail is going through a restructure and a lot of people are being pushed out the door. Those that are left have been told that all that matters are clicks to the website (various Private Eyes)

He's certainly ticking those boxes

Tallies with what I’ve heard.  DMGT has downsized its staff a lot post Covid.  The group has ownership or part ownership of a wide range of web businesses, Rightmove, Cazoo etc.  Adds up to lazy clickbait.

• Like 1