Fernando doing Fernando things…

On a more serious note, that club he’s playing for are quite ambitious.  They easily dominate their own domestic league, and have designs on the Asian Champions League, which they’re in the last 16 of this season.  Guess that’s why they signed him.

23 hours ago, owl71 said:

Just had a text off my Johor Darul Ta’zim supporting mate who reckons their coach is clueless and hasn’t been playing him in the right position…

There's always one who supports them.....my Dukla Prague supporting mate's gone radio silent....since 1985....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 08/08/2022 at 21:23, HoylandOwl said:

Farmers league.

Yeah it’s not the strongest.  His Brazilian strike partner averaged one goal in eight in Brazil’s top flight, and is better than a goal a game there.  It’s just enjoyable to see one of our better former players scoring goals and winning trophies somewhere.

1 hour ago, owl71 said:

Yeah it’s not the strongest.  His Brazilian strike partner averaged one goal in eight in Brazil’s top flight, and is better than a goal a game there.  It’s just enjoyable to see one of our better former players scoring goals and winning trophies somewhere.

I wonder who the last player who left Wednesday and then won a trophy elsewhere was?

Maybe Peter Rodrigues who won the FA Cup with Southampton in 1976.

15 minutes ago, Sheffieldblue said:

I wonder who the last player who left Wednesday and then won a trophy elsewhere was?

Didn’t Warhurst win Prem and also a few ex Owls who won the old First Division with L**ds? Sterland won a few with Rangers I suspect. 

Back to FF. I'm sat in a bar in Johor now. Drove past yhe impressive looking ground earlier today. Named after and bank rolled by yhe Sultan who resides here in Johor. Along with my new Malaysian distributor. 

FF is loved here! Probably paid well by the Sultan too. They're playing a cup match tonight away but it might be on the local TV.

I remember walking down Hawshaw Lane in Hoyland when he rode past me on his push iron. It took a few seconds to click on that it was him.. I turned back and shouted 'Hey Fernando' he did a semi turn but rode on... 

On 13/05/2022 at 15:25, HoylandOwl said:

• Like 1

We should have built a team around him.

Instead we didit around Bannan, got relegated and failed first time of asking.

Lets see if DM has now realisedthis and makes the one change that will get us promoted with ease

Edited by Andyben

22 hours ago, tomcore said:

I remember walking down Hawshaw Lane in Hoyland when he rode past me on his push iron. It took a few seconds to click on that it was him.. I turned back and shouted 'Hey Fernando' he did a semi turn but rode on... 

Should've shouted, "Oi, ya cyclist ****."

Pretty sure he would've managed a full turn then...

• Like 1

On 11/08/2022 at 00:42, Sheffieldblue said:

Gerald Sibon won the Eredivisie with PSV a couple of times 

Also won the cup competition there with Heerenveen and PSV. 

Degryse too won the Eredivisie with them from memory as well