Who’s having the match thread?? Looks like me. - Sunderland away leg

Just now, Bellsview said:

Good substitution that - should make Sunderland think a bit before storming forward.

Or maybe fucking not.

What a night for Bannan to go missing and lose the ability to fucking pass the ball to a player in the same shirt!

I’m trying to take some positives out of this - and one is that Sunderland look fucked to me - a spent force. 

We are the stronger and fitter team in these final minutes.

But BPF has just shown, as Sam did at the end of the first-half, that we are our own worst enemies! 

Just now, MAL said:

At least it will save someone the time of doing a MOM.

There isn't one.

I suppose, at a push Gregory has run his socks off.

That's very harsh on Dean and Storey

Sunderland have thrown the kitchen sink at us and they've stood up to it very well. 

Hutchinson I'd add also if he hadn't had his moment of madness

1 minute ago, owl71 said:

Worst performance since Gillingham.  We’re lucky it’s only 1-0.  We can’t play that badly two games in a row, so the tie is still wide open.

We've been inconsistent all season....maybe it's good we get a shitter out of the way!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelters said:

Think we have to give Sunderland a bit of credit for their intensity and stopping us from playing. We are very much still in this. 

Agreed....be interesting how they go for the 2nd leg...

Bannan wasnt fit, shown by Mass being the most forward playing midfielder. 

Mistakes made today but 1 nowt is not the end of the world. Ref was average. 

Neil has them defensively solid but that last 25 mins must worry them, they did a Wednesday and dropped deeper than a Fred West burial

• Like 1

Definitely start with Gregory and Windass on Monday.

Not happy that we’ve lost, but we are still very much in this tie, and it could, probably should, have been a much worse scoreline.

Lots of beers in the fridge, so it would be rude not to sit back with a few of them now, relax, and get the heart rate down to something like normal.

We never, ever do things the easy way do we? 😂

1 minute ago, Chelters said:

Think we have to give Sunderland a bit of credit for their intensity and stopping us from playing. We are very much still in this. 

The error before HT was always likely to lead to a switch up in their momentum. 

The problem with these games is you can't necessarily win after the first leg but you can definitely go 95% to lose it. The stat was no one has come back from a 2 goal deficit in 15 years in League 1, the other leagues aren't that much better in that regard.

That does impact your mindset, you saw how Sunderlands changed on 70 minutes or so 

Just now, Reesh said:

Bannan wasnt fit, shown by Mass being the most forward playing midfielder. 

Mistakes made today but 1 nowt is not the end of the world. Ref was average. 

Neil has them defensively solid but that last 25 mins must worry them, they did a Wednesday and dropped deeper than a Fred West burial

Sorry, don't agree.

He was pressing the back line from the off, same as the other week.

It wasn't the fact he was unfit, it was the tactics the manager chose to play.

IMHO

Just now, MAL said:

Sorry, don't agree.

He was pressing the back line from the off, same as the other week.

It wasn't the fact he was unfit, it was the tactics the manager chose to play.

IMHO

He had 14 touches in the first half, is that typical Baz

That result was in our DNA....away from home this season we are just too random.....it's taken 2 mins after the final whistle to get over that....we can win the 2nd leg and go through......I'm convinced...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Winco said:

It was obvious. He looked of the pace and they knew it. Alex Neil said today he knew we would start him no matter what.

It wasn't the pace that was the problem, it was the tactics.

He kept it going all game, even towards the end it was him pulling the strings.

It is not often i stick up for BB, but this time i will.

Just now, MPB said:

That result was in our DNA....away from home this season we are just too random.....it's taken 2 mins after the final whistle to get over that....we can win the 2nd leg and go through......I'm convinced...

Its going to be a tight game again. Whilst we will hopefully play more football, we need to do it in a fairly controlled way. Concede the first goal on Monday will make it very tough.