What I’m Watching 4.0

LiamOwl

Finished the Reacher series last night. Think AndyBen and Reesh both recommended it. 

Thought it was good, maybe a little cheesy, but enjoyed the storyline. Will definitely be giving the books a go at some point. 

Off subject, went to post this earlier but got distracted and didn’t post. Just come back on looking at other threads, gone to create a new thread again and it was here waiting for me with a message saying it’s been restored. Nice feature that should hopefully stop folk losing posts. 

10 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Started Star Trek next generation, on S2, started it after I was curious about it following S1 of Picard - which is outstanding imo.

That’s a big undertaking - 7 series and 4 films - series 1 is a bit rough, but it’s worth persisting. If you want Seven’s backstory too then that’s in Voyager (but that isn’t as good imo). 

18 hours ago, Fowls said:

That’s a big undertaking - 7 series and 4 films - series 1 is a bit rough, but it’s worth persisting. If you want Seven’s backstory too then that’s in Voyager (but that isn’t as good imo). 

Done a fair few series, breaking bad, Sons of Anarchy.

We're looking forward to watching the films at some point, we will probably hit 3 of the 4 films after S3.

Finished Mr Mercedes last night, highly enjoyable & one I hope they leave it as it is.

1 hour ago, owl4ever1867 said:

We're looking forward to watching the films at some point, we will probably hit 3 of the 4 films after S3.

Finished Mr Mercedes last night, highly enjoyable & one I hope they leave it as it is.

I'm just watching Sons of Anarchy now.

Watched Pieces of Her on Netflix, finished it over the weekend. 

Thought it was really good, but the casting really annoyed me, it’s one of those that goes back between now and 30 years ago and the actors they’d got to play the same people were nothing alike. One bloke grew about two foot!

On 29/03/2022 at 19:23, LiamOwl said:

Finished the Reacher series last night. Think AndyBen and Reesh both recommended it. 

Thought it was good, maybe a little cheesy, but enjoyed the storyline. Will definitely be giving the books a go at some point. 

Off subject, went to post this earlier but got distracted and didn’t post. Just come back on looking at other threads, gone to create a new thread again and it was here waiting for me with a message saying it’s been restored. Nice feature that should hopefully stop folk losing posts. 

I'm a big Reacher fan, collected all the books after I stumbled across the first. Some are a bit hit and miss, but I would definitely recommend them.

I haven't particularly enjoyed any of the films, Tom Cruise was all wrong, quite enjoying the series though. Still not quite got the Reacher right though imo. 

On 04/04/2022 at 19:00, owl4ever1867 said:

On 04/04/2022 at 20:54, MAL said:

I'm just watching Sons of Anarchy now.

Started okay but not going as well as i hoped,  it's not progressing as good as i thought it would.

Half way through season 3 now, and it is getting dafter and dafter.

Plenty of action, just the same action all through it.

Not overly impressed.

On 05/04/2022 at 23:10, MAL said:

Started okay but not going as well as i hoped,  it's not progressing as good as i thought it would.

Half way through season 3 now, and it is getting dafter and dafter.

Plenty of action, just the same action all through it.

Not overly impressed.

There was a season of SoA during the Hollywood writers strike that went weird, quite a few actors from The Shield played parts in it.

One was a tyranny IIRC 

19 minutes ago, Andyben said:

There was a season of SoA during the Hollywood writers strike that went weird, quite a few actors from The Shield played parts in it.

One was a tyranny IIRC 

Was that "The Hoff"😄

Very surprised when he popped up. 

But I suppose he was in everything at the time it was made. 

Started watching The Spy on Netflix the other night. Think it’s only 6 episodes long, watched 3 so far. 

Sachs Baron-Cohen plays an Israeli spy deployed to Syria in the 60s. Enjoying it so far, could do with going up a couple of gears though. 

On 01/04/2022 at 13:07, tomcore said:

Anyone else watched The Last Kingdom on Netflix? I have really enjoyed it.

Binged that show much preferred it to Vikings.

Bosch on Amazon Prime is a great detective series. Cobra Kai is a cheesy but fun nostalgia trip.  Probably a bit late to the party but just watched and enjoyed Narcos.

keep being recommended American Gods and Mr Robot, but not sure.

Not sure if its recent or not, but watched the Jimmy Saville doc on Netflix last night. We all know the story of course but was still fascinating but a damn difficult watch at times. The old adage of commiting crime in broad daylight is often the way not to be caught.

Then reading articles about this Tory MP for Wakefield, professing his innocence still and others defending. At least they get convicted but even that case was 13 years ago.

• 1 month later...

There's a punk docco on Netflix or Amazon, from a German film crew perspective... absolutely brilliant slice of what England was like back then.... especially the music scene....worth diggin out....

Edit: it's Amazon and imaginatively entitled "Punk in London"....those crazy krauts eh ..!

Edited by MPB

• 7 months later...

Great week for Returns while Yellowstone on its mid season break.

Godfather of Harlem S3

Your Honor S2

Mayor of Kingstown S2

And 

Hunters S2.

King of Tulsa was watchable and looking forward to Last of Us (The series of the Console Game).

There's some me decent Apple + deals out there and there's great original  content worth watching 

• 2 months later...
On 04/04/2022 at 00:33, Fowls said:

Well, we finally did it.

Star Trek - Next Generation 

Star Trek - Voyager 

Star Trek - Deep Space Nine 

Picard - Season 1 & 2.

Fantastic, loved every minute of them all, we are currently waiting on Picard S3 so we can binge all them.

We've watched since I last updated :

Clarksons Farm S1 & S2

The Watcher

Dahmer

Alice In Boarderland (bloody brilliant)

Shetland (last season)

Vera (last season)

Handmaids Tale

The Gold 

Your Honor S2

Currently in 1923, which has us gripped, very much looking forward to watching Yellowstone.

Got others on the list as well which includes

Endeavor 

Vikings (done 1st two episodes)

Reacher

Kaleidoscope 

Finished Last of Us and loved it.  Never played the game so had no preconceived thoughts on it.  Was glad it was more the human side than another zombiefest.

Just watching Crime that is off Britbox - Irvine Welsh drama - very gritty.

Also watched 4 episodes of Town Called Malice.  Great tunes and clobber and enjoying it even though the acting is not up to much although Martha Plimpton is excellent as Ma.

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Succession tomorrow. 

Hope it's all available in one go.

Liaison on Apple TV was OK, as was Servant.

Godfather of Harlem, Snowfall and Django are all great and highly recommended (you'll have to track down the  latest series of first two)

Is Succession any good bud?

• 2 weeks later...