Mark Beevers ….

18 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

That team with Spurr, Beevers and Wood was a young team. It was probably one of the last teams that we brought several younger players through and had several other players that were under 30.

To be fair - when you look at the two groups of youngsters we had. So, Morrisson, Quinn, Geary, Bromby, Haslam and Crane - that crop did produce some good pros who had decent careers in the Championship (mainly Quinn, Geary and Bromby)

Then the second crop, which would be Wood, Beevers and Spurr. All three of them had good careers as pros. Although I felt that Mark Beevers underachieved, and Tommy Spurr overachieved.

But after that, it’s been a horror show… Palmer, Dawson and Wildsmith. And whilst I think Liam Palmer has had a very good two years, and I think Cam Dawson and Joe Wildmsmith will go on to have decent careers around the second and third tiers of English football, it’s quite horrific to look at from a youth perspective.

• Like 1