Mindset reset

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

I actually think we have tried to mix the young and the old under Moore, and his record of bringing experience in has been fairly good until the injuries bite.

Where he has epically failed is of those younger players.

The list below is every player we have brought in under the age of 26, now tell me how many have been a success?

Famewo

Bakinson

McGuinness

Wilks

Mighten

Storey

Brown

Sow

Adeniran

Byers

Gibson

Corbeanu

Peacock Farrell

Shodipo

John-Jules

Byers is the best, but he’s a crock who’s never going to play 30 games a season.

The three defenders have all been good, but two were loans but the rest, and being honest, have been awful to poor especially from an attacking sense - either due to just poor displays, or Moore misusing them.

What I would say is that, people think this season will end up being a bad one due to us binning the playoffs. But wait for next season, with or without Moore it will be an absolute miracle for us to get in the top 6 given the age of the squad and the monumental rebuild that we will need. I see us losing 10-12 players this summer including a couple we might not want to lose.

Wednesday fans are going to have to accept that next season is a write off, but, I don’t see this as a bad thing if the right sort of recruitment is done over the two windows and we see an improvement over the season. And when I say recruitment, lots of players under 25 with athleticism, fitness and mobility who we can generate fees from further down the stretch. But, as I said at the start, Moore’s record here is a shocker.

I want a team that I feel can run over teams. Peterborough and Barnsley showed that you can do that to us, so we need to build something that can do the same. 

The majority won’t accept any season as a write off or just a ‘rebuild’. Not in this division anyway.

But we clearly do need a rebuild.

What’ll probably happen will be a repeat of the Huddersfield fiasco..

chansiri will see 96 points, keep Moore on.. come oct it’ll be plainly obvious we aren’t troubling the top 2, but he’ll wait another month or so before getting rid , then fuck about for another month with Thompson in charge before he appoints bullen in January 

• Sad 1

What is a bigger worry.

I am really struggling to think of a manager who would recruit well and get us going. I like Duff at Barnsley and Schumacher at Plymouth, but we can’t get them. So we are looking at out of work managers and they all have multiple failures even at this level. There’s some right shit about.

The only one who would interest me is Nathan Jones, but we’d have to accept high tempo ale house football.

Theres also the danger that Chansiri thinks this, my last 4 managers were Brits, Bruce quit on me, Monk was terrible, Pulis was terrible and quit, and Moore got us relegated and then has not been able to get us back up despite being backed. He calls his mate Paxo and we end up with a left field coach from Austria who hasn’t managed for 2 years.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

The majority won’t accept any season as a write off or just a ‘rebuild’. Not in this division anyway.

But we clearly do need a rebuild.

We had a rebuild after relegation and still got in play offs.

No reason we can't challange with another rebuild just with a different philosophy on type of player and formation.

What is a bigger worry.

I am really struggling to think of a manager who would recruit well and get us going. I like Duff at Barnsley and Schumacher at Plymouth, but we can’t get them. So we are looking at out of work managers and they all have multiple failures even at this level. There’s some right shit about.

The only one who would interest me is Nathan Jones, but we’d have to accept high tempo ale house football.

Theres also the danger that Chansiri thinks this, my last 4 managers were Brits, Bruce quit on me, Monk was terrible, Pulis was terrible and quit, and Moore got us relegated and then has not been able to get us back up despite being backed. He calls his mate Paxo and we end up with a left field coach from Austria who hasn’t managed for 2 years.

Puts armour on and dons steel helmet

Has John Terry been getting any reputation as a coach? 

What is a bigger worry.

Well we've got ale house football. But without the tempo......

2 hours ago, bricat said:

I'd take a chance on Duncan Ferguson. 

Dunc's already said he wants to stay at Forest Green and get them straight back up. 

2 hours ago, Wollongong Owl said:

Puts armour on and dons steel helmet

Has John Terry been getting any reputation as a coach? 

He's picking up a reputation as a decent defensive coach and 'right hand man' but there's a reason why he's been mentioned a lot when a head coach role comes up but has never secured a role. Personally I think he's seen the likes of Lampard and Gerrard fail and just doesn't fancy a head role

It will be a highly important close season. With many players out of contract and a lack of willingness to use our youth players DC has a big call to make. If he keeps Moore and the first team coaching set up I fear a relegation battle. Honestly the squad is a spent force now. Recruit a new coach who is not solely dependent on one system and one system only. Not hamstrung by volume and other hackneyed terms. Aided by a suitable DOF -not Moore- and reset a  long term, in club development system coupled with shrewd investment in transfers then we have a solid bedrock for development.  This all needs to happen irrespective of whatever happens in the second leg.