Will we return from Rovers with 3 points in the bagssss

Ihikwe hopefully back to fit into the defence, but I worry that these players will have the legs this Saturday. 

At least its a week between games after that

Just got to get a win Saturday and now trusting Peterborough putting in a good performance v Ipswich before the big un Barnsley v Ipswich

I think Plymouth have it sewn up 

21 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Well done Wednesday that’s a great result under pressure. Can’t do anything about the other results. 

Correct.  Terrible time to concede and the ref was an absolute twot - foul stats will look stupid - but we dug in and toughed it out. Unfortunately, once the players had celebrated with us fans, they'll have gone in and been the other scores.  

Sod it, we go again!  

20 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Massive win.

First half, very good. Second half. Awful. But we did defend very well and despite pressure, they created little.

I thought we were at it first half. Good chances missed by Smith and Adeniran, great finish from Bannan and a scrappy one from Famewo. We pressed well, looked a threat and didn’t let them settle.

Half time team talk is simple, hold out for 10 minutes, quieten the crowd and get a foothold. Instead, big straight ball, Iorfa ball watching and they get one back. Then we lose Famewo and have to change shape and it all fell apart. We didn’t make any correct decisions. Passing the ball back instead of forward, create an overload and then knock a 2 yard pass 10 yards short.

Then the legs went. Tired fouls and clearances, half a second late on a close down, unable to get support to people.

Luckily enough, Flint was at it today, as was Palmer.

We take it another week, but we have players dropping like flies and others who look close. I’m desperately hoping for some luck with injuries. Wilkes, Windass, James - anyone to help out.

I'm feeling similar to this. 

We should hopefully have Windass back this weekend, and Ihiekwe. So, if Famewo misses out through injury we at least have a square peg to put in a square hole. 

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

The early goal doesn’t help but I thought we dug in defended well and crucially didn’t sit too deep. 

They battled and worked hard no question but technically it was like they had a grenade at the feet. We were just smashing it anywhere. Some really poor performers tonight. Smith? Geez. Bakinson. Iorfa. And while I'm not a fan of Dawson he was so much off balance for the goal it was ridiculous. I wouldn't mind him dominating his box once in s while 

DM post game comments from Yorkshire Live. 

It was tough here and if you look at top six only one has won here. We got over the line tonight.We took our chances. Baz gave us the platform and apart from small lapse in concentration we did our job.

I don't think many teams will come here and limit them as we did. Credit to them as they threw stuff at us but we dealt with it.

Tonight was the right response and we'll move onto Saturday.

On Famewo: We hope it is tightness and fatigue. We'll assess the next few days and see.

20 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Let's not forget, Ipswich still have the Dingles AND Peterborough to play.

Both away too.

Fair play to them if they get anything out of either game, but all we can do is keep winning. Our current points total would have given us the title in years gone by and it looks like the pigs 90 point haul will be smashed this year...

Battled out a valuable 3 points but the Plymouth late win makes this feel like a defeat in some ways.  

We do look pretty empty in the leg department and fear there will be nothing left should we be in the Play Offs.   3 more points Saturday will hopefully inject some life and then we pray 🙏

Finally how can a team amass such a decent points total with Iorfa, Bakinson and Adenarin in the team.

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I actually thought Bakinson was ok when he came on, no more or less mind 

I agree but it didn't last long!  Credit Adeniran with four stonking headed clearances in short order late on.  Smith was running on empty well before the end. Johnson was at times below his usual standards. Gregory looked well peed off with his substitution. Vaulks produced the squeaky bum moment of the night with his spin turn and rifling a swerving backpass right on goal but thankfully straight at Dawson too!  (That was just me with the squeeky bum: it's not recorded what Cam thought of it!)  I really hope Akin Famewo is fit for Saturday. A top performance and a goal tonight: his first?

Out of Plymouths next 4 games, 3 of them are at home

22nd April : Cambridge United 

25th April : Bristol Rovers 

29th April : Burton

their last game of the season is away to : Port Vale - 7th May

Ipswich have a harder run in, with 3 away & 1 home game.

22nd April ; Peterborough (A)

25th April ; Barnsley (A)

29th April ; Exeter (H)

7th May ; Fleetwood (A)

SWFC run in sees 2 home games & 1 away game.

22nd April ; Exeter (H)

29th April : Shrewsbury (A)

7th May ; Derby (H)

Think Plymouth have the league won looking at their games but that 2nd spot is still all to play for.....long as we play like we did in the 1st half of tonight's game.

I’d more or less given up on automatic after Saturday, but now I think it’s back in the balance, though we’re not favourites.  Ipswich’s next two are tough looking away games.  On top of that, the extra midweek game that Ipswich and Plymouth have next week could have an impact on both their performances the following Saturday.  

I have a feeling we go into the Derby game needing to win, and one other result to go our way.

• Like 1

We need 3 wins.

That's got to be the mentality, I'm sure that it is.

But the worry is that last Friday the same thought process of needing to win every game should have been there.

I agree with others, and tonight is a perfect example, Ipswich and Plymouth both winning from a goal down. 

Again, 3 wins, that's it and see what happens

9 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

29th April ; Exeter (H)

7th May ; Fleetwood (A)

22nd April ; Exeter (H)

7th May ; Derby (H)

Think Plymouth have the league won looking at their games but that 2nd spot is still all to play for.....long as we play like we did in the 1st half of tonight's game.

they can both lose one and still go up.. Plymouth win their next 3 and that’s that.
Inbred fuckers only need 2 wins, 2 draws to guarantee second with their GD

cheers lads.. n dat 

That bad run will cost us, it’s looking that way. But if we finish the season brightly and on 90 plus points then I think the team and manager need some credit for that as you’d snatch at that before the season started and 99/100 times it gets you promoted.

37 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

get a fucking grip, we get this bollocks constantly whether about us or other teams

'i don't see us winning another game'

'Plymouth/Ipswich won't drop points'

If ever in the trenches could do without your sort in there

whining pussies the majority of our fan base, 1 game at a time, give it everything and if we win all 3 i'll be shocked if we don't go up on 96

what I said was … even if we win all 3 it probably won’t be enough given the other 2 can both lose one of their remaining 4 games

Now  Shut it..

or I’ll set MPB on you

Edited by Paul from Wisewood

11 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

29th April ; Exeter (H)

7th May ; Fleetwood (A)

22nd April ; Exeter (H)

7th May ; Derby (H)

Don't rule out the Dingles, of their 4 remaining games 3 are at home and as we know their game in hand is against Ipsnitch. There could quite conceivably be 4 teams hit 90+ points which is mind blowing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Don't rule out the Dingles, of their 4 remaining games 3 are at home and as we know their game in hand is against Ipsnitch. There could quite conceivably be 4 teams hit 90+ points which is mind blowing.

Just a pity the rearranged Barnsley v Ipswich game wasn't a touch earlier.  If Barnsley don't win Saturday it might be a case of the game not being as important and foot might be off the gas. 

10 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Barnsley's 4 remaining games are

22nd April ; Oxford (H)

25th April ; Ipswich (H)

29th April ; MK Dons (A)

7th May ; Peterborough (H)

they are currently on 82 points

4 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Barnsley's 4 remaining games are

22nd April ; Oxford (H)

25th April ; Ipswich (H)

29th April ; MK Dons (A)

7th May ; Peterborough (H)

they are currently on 82 points

It is not beyond then to get 12 points putting them on 94 points.  

Top 4 could be :

Plymouth    101

Ipswich         97

Wednesday  96

Barnsley       94

Will turn out to be the FGR debacle is our true downfall.

11 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Top 4 could be :

Plymouth    101

Ipswich         97

Wednesday  96

Barnsley       94

Always has been, pal. (Assuming no miracle by us.)

22 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Just a pity the rearranged Barnsley v Ipswich game wasn't a touch earlier.  If Barnsley don't win Saturday it might be a case of the game not being as important and foot might be off the gas. 

Ipswich knew exactly what they were doing with that particular bit of fixture fiddling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Top 4 could be :

Plymouth    101

Ipswich         97

Wednesday  96

Barnsley       94

Don't forget Burton as well....

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Top 4 could be :

Plymouth    101

Ipswich         97

Wednesday  96

Barnsley       94

Every team has bad results against teams they probably should beat.

Ipsnitch lost to Oxford (20th)

56 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Don't forget Burton as well....

Burton who beat Barnsley at home and who Plymouth could only draw with?

Conversely we're the only top 6 team to win at Bristol Rovers and the only top 4 team to not be beaten at home by Lincoln (in fairness Lincoln haven't been beaten by any of the top 4 all season)

57 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Every team has bad results against teams they probably should beat.

Ipsnitch lost to Oxford (20th)

Burton who beat Barnsley at home and who Plymouth could only draw with?

Conversely we're the only top 6 team to win at Bristol Rovers and the only top 4 team to not be beaten at home by Lincoln (in fairness Lincoln haven't been beaten by any of the top 4 all season)

But come on Otto FOREST GREEN ROVERS !!

Plus Oxford were on 32 points and comfortably mid table when they played Ipswich in January.  

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

People always waiting for things to happen then building a narrative as to why it happened. 

If we don't finish in the top 2 it's not because of the FGR result or the bad run it's because over a 46 game season 2 or 3 sides got more points than us . That's it.

And it's good to see everyone knows exactly what's going to happen in 14 football games in the future because there are never surprising results or owt in football. 

I mean, I've been watching footy for 40 pdd years and every game as always finished exactly as I thought it would beforehand...

7 minutes ago, JBO said:

People always waiting for things to happen then building a narrative as to why it happened. 

If we don't finish in the top 2 it's not because of the FGR result or the bad run it's because over a 46 game season 2 or 3 sides got more points than us . That's it.

And it's good to see everyone knows exactly what's going to happen in 14 football games in the future because there are never surprising results or owt in football. 

I mean, I've been watching footy for 40 pdd years and every game as always finished exactly as I thought it would beforehand...

I doubt they all actually finished.

54 minutes ago, JBO said:

Mystic JBO

Joey Barton has a pop at our 'style'

“Look, I think Sheff Wed are third tonight and after playing against them, and I say this with the greatest respect to them, but they are not easy on the eye, are they? What did they have, 180 passes or something? I know they’ve beaten us 2-1, but if you play that type of football, that ain’t going to keep you in the Championship.

Hate to be negative but i think HMS piss the league has already sailed and we were at the dock still with a pint.

Cant see the other teams dropping points enough for us to sly in and that's even considering we are lucky enough to win our remaining games.

Would love to be wrong but I've seen too much Wednesday to think any different

DM has responded to Joey Barton's words of wisdom with a more eloquent F off tablet than Mr Barton could ever do. 

“We know Joey can be vocal. Listen, we wanted to go to Bristol and take three points. We took three points. He’s got his own reading of the game and that’s down to Joey, we’ve got no problem. 

“We got the win in a difficult game. With him commenting on where we are, that’s understandable. I sincerely wish Joey all the best going forward, that goes for his team and his football club too. The work he’s doing is good, he’s got a lovely team and he’s taking the team forward in terms of the players he has down there, the style of player and he’s bringing the club together.”