Will we return from Rovers with 3 points in the bagssss

4 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Was Madaric's first game apparently. Goals from Sedgwick, Miller (2), Teale (2), JJ.

Father Ted in the dugout. Not surprised I blanked it out.

Attendance, 19,342

He's in with us tonight, about ten yards to our right. Either that or his twin!  

Massive win.

First half, very good. Second half. Awful. But we did defend very well and despite pressure, they created little.

I thought we were at it first half. Good chances missed by Smith and Adeniran, great finish from Bannan and a scrappy one from Famewo. We pressed well, looked a threat and didn’t let them settle.

Half time team talk is simple, hold out for 10 minutes, quieten the crowd and get a foothold. Instead, big straight ball, Iorfa ball watching and they get one back. Then we lose Famewo and have to change shape and it all fell apart. We didn’t make any correct decisions. Passing the ball back instead of forward, create an overload and then knock a 2 yard pass 10 yards short.

Then the legs went. Tired fouls and clearances, half a second late on a close down, unable to get support to people.

Luckily enough, Flint was at it today, as was Palmer.

We take it another week, but we have players dropping like flies and others who look close. I’m desperately hoping for some luck with injuries. Wilkes, Windass, James - anyone to help out.

• Thanks 1

Even if we don't go up via the autos, win the remaining games will give me a bit more confidence going into the play offs.

Unsure if I'll be as confident as I was in 2012 if we failed to pip the Blades. But it'll certainly help the feeling after Burton where I thought that was it 

Straw clutching accepted