Oxford, It's going to be a Good Friday and we're going to comma way with all 3 points match thread

Skamp

I think I’ve said this before on here but I think it’s psychology rather than corruption. Particularly at Hillsborough where I think refs go into the game thinking ‘there will be a big crowd and they are a big club, I can’t be seen to be influenced by that’ to the extent that they go too far the other way.  

We have had a few big decisions go our way this season but the general theme seems to be giving soft free kicks to the opponents whilst denying us what seem more obvious fouls. This sometimes causes us to lose momentum as we can’t win the ball back without a player falling to the floor and buying a soft free kick.

If you want to back this up with stats, in the majority of games this season we have had more possession but given more free kicks away, which statistically over the course of the season is unlikely.