Can we Gloucs over the FGR defeat on Wednesday - Cheltenham match thread

Reesh

We got something from that game despite some players being atrocious.

Bakinson was dreadful. Hunt was dreadful. Iorfa fell apart second half. Smith was poor. But, James, Bannan and Vaulks were good.

Whether Moore told them to go ale house, or the players did it, it was the wrong tactic, and funnily enough, when we moved the ball quick was when we got the goals.

Bad mistakes from Iorfa and Stockdale.

There was a blueprint there, we have to work the ball up the pitch and at pace and then create opportunities around the box.

And I’ll say it again. We’ve got to start quickly. 

• Like 1

Just now, KrolMong said:

Bakinson was dreadful. Hunt was dreadful. Iorfa fell apart second half. Smith was poor. But, James, Bannan and Vaulks were good.

Whether Moore told them to go ale house, or the players did it, it was the wrong tactic, and funnily enough, when we moved the ball quick was when we got the goals.

There was a blueprint there, we have to work the ball up the pitch and at pace and then create opportunities around the box.

Aside from five minutes either side of the break, and the last 15, it was predictable at best.

it feels like we’ve jumped into a Time Machine back into August/Sept when we didn’t impose ourselves on the opposition and have a ‘to me to you’ attitude to taking responsibility 

2 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I think Owling might have instantly combusted with that decision. 

When did the Daily Mail start appointing match referees

Even if it wasn't going to be a penalty, how the fuck could he give a foul against Gregory.

It's things like that decision, makes fans have a very strong case as to whether refs are bent or not, because that was not a one one way or another foul.

But having said that, how many fouls does Smith get as to how many the refs say he gives away, a lot more against him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

I’m not the one who can’t spell fucking. 

It's a pity your Mother and Father didn't concentrate more on spelling it, than doing it.

It's a joke, i couldn't resist 😄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I will disagree on Bannan, thought he has a shocker passing wise.

His terrible pass across the pitch gave them possession to score the first.

Too many Hollywood passes

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Praise to the Cheltenham commentators on ifollow.  Very good.

I was going to add these in my post, but you did it first.

I thought they were very good and very complimentary.

At one point i thought one of them was related to Bazza, the amount of praise he kept giving him

I think Moore warrants quite a lot of criticism these last 2 games.

I appreciate the number of games influences thinking, the loss of Byers and Windass making it difficult, but why the fuck has he tinkered with the defensive line up.

Tonight he needed to make the potential game changer subs at 1 Nil. Indeed as soon as Iorfa got injured, get Flint on

Hunt provided nothing, Adeniran is an option based on the MK game, give it a go

I can understand mixing up the longer ball and playing the ball through the field. However, how many times did it get launched forward with no chance of getting to the ball, even if Smith and Gregory are decent in the air they need someone behind them picking up the 2nd ball, how many times did that happen. Add to that when Smith get it down how many times did he manage to lay it off or bring someone into the game, very few.

As others have said, keep it on the deck when it’s blowing a gale and use the “technicians” we undoubtedly have to find the passes and through balls for crosses - which is what we did when we’re creating chances.

Only positive is to come back from 2 down. 
Not collecting 3 points for 4 games is such a big thing when you are at the top end of the league. 
We need the stadium to be positive on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I can understand mixing up the longer ball and playing the ball through the field. However, how many times did it get launched forward with no chance of getting to the ball, even if Smith and Gregory are decent in the air they need someone behind them picking up the 2nd ball, how many times did that happen. Add to that when Smith get it down how many times did he manage to lay it off or bring someone into the game, very few.

As others have said, keep it on the deck when it’s blowing a gale and use the “technicians” we undoubtedly have to find the passes and through balls for crosses - which is what we did when we’re creating chances.

Only positive is to come back from 2 down. 
Not collecting 3 points for 4 games is such a big thing when you are at the top end of the league. 
We need the stadium to be positive on Saturday.

Shorter recovery time as well than normal.

Going to be a bit of fatigue so it's certainly one to try and start on the front foot, get ahead, hopefully get a cushion and then shit house 

18 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I will disagree on Bannan, thought he has a shocker passing wise.

His terrible pass across the pitch gave them possession to score the first.

Too many Hollywood passes

I don’t think he had too good a game either. Disappeared for quite a bit of the second half IMO.

34 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Huge mistake by Bannan to set up their first goal. Passed the ball into considerable space in our half containing no blue and two delighted reds. Poor lad knew it and walked alone to the centre spot.  

26 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I think Moore warrants quite a lot of criticism these last 2 games.

I appreciate the number of games influences thinking, the loss of Byers and Windass making it difficult, but why the fuck has he tinkered with the defensive line up.

Tonight he needed to make the potential game changer subs at 1 Nil. Indeed as soon as Iorfa got injured, get Flint on

Hunt provided nothing, Adeniran is an option based on the MK game, give it a go

Good to see Wilks back: at last another option, though that header he sent wide was a terrific chance.  More generally his tippy-tappy skills looked useful in those vile conditions. 

42 minutes ago, MAL said:

Even if it wasn't going to be a penalty, how the fuck could he give a foul against Gregory.

It's things like that decision, makes fans have a very strong case as to whether refs are bent or not, because that was not a one one way or another foul.

But having said that, how many fouls does Smith get as to how many the refs say he gives away, a lot more against him.

The one where Smith got an arm around him, dragging him backwards for 5 - 10 yards, before being thrown on the floor, only to have the foul given against him: WTF????