Bailey Cadamarteri….

HoylandOwl

As he’s stepped up from the 18s to the 23s and he’s still scoring, if he continues right till the seasons end on current form, so we think we might see him in and around it next season…. 

Or….

will he leave for one of the lurking prem clubs….. 

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I think he'll be a 23s regular next season with cup cameos. 

If he stays. 

His progression route (and others) into the first team will depend on our transfer business.

It would be good to see that. Get him in around the pre season friendlies

9 hours ago, Wawaw said:

Give him a place on bench v Crewe and Chuck him on when we’re 4 nil up inside 20 mins 

Double edged sword.

If he doesn't perform then our idiotic fanbase start giving it the instant 'not good enough' routine.

If he notches and looks good because we're comfortable and in control then the screaming starts for him to be starting in the semi finals and that's a lot of pressure. 

As Tee says, would rather run him out in the friendlies and ease him in that way.

Agree with most of the Ty but I honestly think our fan base surely would give him time to blossom 

fed up of hearing about young prospects coming thru ranks not getting a any game time then leaving for nowt ala Hirst and ( the Eastern European lad we had can’t remember his name tho ) 

10 hours ago, Wawaw said:

Give him a place on bench v Crewe and Chuck him on when we’re 4 nil up inside 20 mins 

The difference between finishing 5th and 7th could be decided on goal difference. If we’re 4 up after 20 minutes, I’d be disappointed if we didn’t push on for at least another four.
I’m still annoyed that we “declared” at six against Cambridge. We should have got at least two more to help the GD.

At best, I’d give him 15 minutes v Portsmouth, but only if play off places have been determined. Crewe is too important to risk an untried young kid. I remember Hirst’s debut at Cambridge: enthusiastic, but clearly a kid amongst men. 

3 hours ago, Wawaw said:

Agree with most of the Ty but I honestly think our fan base surely would give him time to blossom 

fed up of hearing about young prospects coming thru ranks not getting a any game time then leaving for nowt ala Hirst and ( the Eastern European lad we had can’t remember his name tho ) 

Like they have with Dawson? Oh wait...

Ty is (very unfortunately) right

Edited by Otto_Man

15 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Last I heard of Borukov was he'd broken into the Bulgarian squad and then his agent got greedy over a contract dispute and he's now without a club.

Same agent that took him away from the deal we put on the table

Signed for Lokomotiv Plovdiv and got 1 in 2

6 hours ago, Andyben said:

Signed for Lokomotiv Plovdiv and got 1 in 2

I went on holiday in Bulgaria in the late 80s and went on a day trip to Plovdiv

We had a crappy stick man football computer game at work around that time and I was always Lokomotiv Plovdiv 

I’ve always noticed their results on the few occasions that they have made it into Europe

• 1 month later...

He's 17 so the most we can tie him down to is 3 years. When he's 18 we can renegotiate and extend to 5 years. By the looks of that photo that's a 'bluey' so he's signed an u23s contract which means more money than an 18s pro contract. 

When I went to see my nephew play the other week for Liverpool academy at BellendRoad Morgan was sat near me.

I didn't realise he was an Agent now. Presumably he was looking for young lads to represent.

My nephew has just signed for Blackburn, I've no idea whether their academy is any good but it's certainly better for him in other respects. 

3 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

When I went to see my nephew play the other week for Liverpool academy at BellendRoad Morgan was sat near me.

I didn't realise he was an Agent now. Presumably he was looking for young lads to represent.

My nephew has just signed for Blackburn, I've no idea whether their academy is any good but it's certainly better for him in other respects. 

Blackburn have Cat 1 status and in Stuart Jones they've got an academy director that's forever driving it forward. Hopefully he does well. 

3 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Best of luck to your nephew Tank.

Not that it means owt but when I used to park in training ground car park pre-matches, I'd get there early and when whatever match was bein played earlier there had finished, obviously when Bailey had done, Danny was always  millin around while I was parking up.....on a few occasions I ended up walkin down to S6 with him and his missus at the same time....lovely couple....had a good convo with them both....they love Wednesday!    Was really happy to hear we've signed their lad up.....he's desperate to play first team footy with us....!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPB said:

Not that it means owt but when I used to park in training ground car park pre-matches, I'd get there early and when whatever match was bein played earlier there had finished, obviously when Bailey had done, Danny was always  millin around while I was parking up.....on a few occasions I ended up walkin down to S6 with him and his missus at the same time....lovely couple....had a good convo with them both....they love Wednesday!    Was really happy to hear we've signed their lad up.....he's desperate to play first team footy with us....!

Danny worked at ours for a bit now back at Pigs 

Got a family link to the city, remember when he broke through at Everton he used to be with a lass from Sheff who he'd met visiting his nans. 

He's only just establishing himself in the 23s. He needs a run with them until at least Christmas, intermingled with 1st team training and Papa John run outs if his 23s progression warrants it. If we're comfortable against one of the u21 sides then give him 30 mins or so. 

I can't see a point in sending him out to somewhere in the National North, or below, just yet. There'd be a weight of expectation from the locals and a spotlight from our fans. 

Edited by Tylluan

• 4 months later...