The Posh thread....Peterborough at home match thread

Reesh

3 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Just watched the bit of the highlights where Brown gets back and tackles his man. 

Not sure how much of the ball he gets. So expect a 3 year ban.

Enough that their player doesn't even appeal.

1 hour ago, Beaconowl said:

Just watched the highlights. I tell you what, we played some beautiful football in that second half, particularly down the left hand side. Oh, and yes, Browns challenge is magnificent. 

Can't have been that magnificent, I read on Twitter that the Brown "experiment" should have been over at half time. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

It's probably fair to say Brown grew into the game. First half, there wasn't much link up down the left and his touch was a bit sclaffy at times.

Hats off for his second half performance though.

For those of us that speak English, what the fuck does that mean?

I've read a few Scottish detective books on the kindle and learned new words like clarty but that word has never been used.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, cheat said:

I thought he had a poor first half (and did wonder whether he might be pulled), but a very good second.

I think if James had been on the bench then he might have been pulled at half time. 

But it would have meant putting Alimi-Adetoro on or moving Palmer across and putting hunt on. 

1 hour ago, tomcore said:

Haha 😄 did you watch it mate? 

Yes, and I've just watched the highlights back. In the first half, everything goes down our right. 

I think whoever is the wing back to the side of Bannan is left a bit short compared to the other side. Palmer or whoever gets more support by having Vaulks or Byers on their side than whoever is working with Bannan. Not a criticism of Bannan, it's just how our system works. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

For those of us that speak English, what the fuck does that mean?

I've read a few Scottish detective books on the kindle and learned new words like clarty but that word has never been used.

Sclaffy = Untidy. Imperfect.

Think back to when Stevie May was shooting. Way too often, the contact on the ball was less than true.

Maybe I'm doing Brown a bit of a disservice. Just thought some of his crosses were underhit (due to the sclaffyness of the contact) and, as a consequence, struggled to get past the first man.

30 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Think back to when Stevie May was shooting. Way too often, the contact on the ball was less than true.

Maybe I'm doing Brown a bit of a disservice. Just thought some of his crosses were underhit (due to the sclaffyness of the contact) and, as a consequence, struggled to get past the first man.

Fair enough.  

42 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

"'Ere!  You're making that up!"   :classic_tongue:

5 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

It's probably fair to say Brown grew into the game. First half, there wasn't much link up down the left and his touch was a bit sclaffy at times.

Hats off for his second half performance though.

I thought Brown was a little let down by an uncharacteristically poor Bannan performance first half. There was a moment Peterborough were attacking in front of the north, player running with the ball, runner goes on the overlap. Brown goes to the man with the ball and Bannan should be picking up the overlapping runner, only he knows he hasn't got the legs so he orders Brown after the runner. Second Brown stops, player with the ball sends the runner and Brown's hopelessly stranded in no man's land between them both. Did nothing but follow captains orders, but he's the one gets dogs abuse from the crowd...

• Like 1

The video has so many questions

Why are they going into the ground via the Kop?

Where's that kid's zone? Be great for my little granddaughter

Will Bannan get a retrospective ban for that push on the goal line?

When did the TVs get put back up in the concourse?

Really nice to see the engagement with fans throughout though.

25 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Kid's zone is in the grandstand.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Part of the covid protocols the club have kept in place.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Southy_SWFC said:

Yes, and I've just watched the highlights back. In the first half, everything goes down our right. 

Yes I was pointing out to those around me that their number 10 was causing us a few problems down that side, and Palmer probably needed to get closer to Iorfa and help him out.  No idea why anyone was singling out Brown, other than he’s had a lot of shit matches for us.  He has, but yesterday wasn’t one of them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Reesh said:

Interesting that Pierce Charles got the nod with Stockdale absent. He's not played for about a month due to a broken finger shows how well thought of he is at the club.

He’s not the biggest of keepers too, although obviously he’s still a young lad. But, some of the technical stuff in the warm up from him on Saturday was excellent.