Let’s have no FAC-Up in the 4th round

Here we go against Fleetwood again. They’ve got their angry man back available for selection, we might have Bannan back.

I hope we’re in the hat for the 5th round.

The officials….

Referee Charles Breakspear
Assistant Referees Mark Dwyer & Gareth Viccars
Fourth Official Benjamin Speedie

Mr Breakspear has reffed us twice this season so far.

Away at Bolton and away at Accrington

His record for dishing out cards this season….

23 games - 71 yellow cards - 4 red cards

DM: 

We know about the history the club has, there's a great expectation and we're aware of that. 

"We're working extremely hard to make the expectations a reality."

As soon as the game was off on Tuesday night there was disappointment. But you focus back on the next game. 

"We always prepare as well as we can for every game and this weekend is no different."

The motivation is playing in front of our home fans and the chance to get through to the next round. 

"We focused on giving a good account of ourselves and we're looking to get better in all aspects of our game."

“I think Scott Brown is doing great things at Fleetwood.

"There's a clear thinking and he's stamping his authority on the football club.

"We know that to progress we'll have to be really good and give a good account of ourselves." 

“Barry is back in training and he's training really well.

"Apart from the longer-term injuries, ahead of our last training session today, we have a clean bill of health for tomorrow."

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Go on then.

Predictions….. 

How changed will the team be? And will we win?

I don’t think it will change too much, as we didn’t have a game midweek. Doubt Bannan and Byers will be anything other than subs, if available. Flint should get a decent run out. 

no predictions. 

9 minutes ago, Skamp said:

We really could do without an extra game.

Serves ourselves right really.

I said last week we lacked control of the midfield. No fault of Vaulks and Adeniran. Its the trying to shoe horn Windass and 2 strikers in the starting 11.

Rarely works, and is self defeating as we don't have the ball to create chances. Please do not repeat next week 

Somehow I was expecting that after last week’s performance and the team selection.

I don’t think we were terrible but we just didn’t seem to have the cutting edge and yet Wilks probably played his best game for us so far. I suppose when you put two strikers in the team that haven’t really played together, it’s going to be tricky against a team like Fleetwood.

They came for a draw and that’s what they got, but they definitely turned up the shithousery this week compared to last week.

The ref was poor in controlling the time wasting and I’d say he contributed to it when he kept stopping play when players went down.

In some respects an uninspiring draw for Rd 5, at home to a smaller club might play in our favour because it might mean they (Fleetwood) will be less up for it.

I was very worried when Famewo went down bc he’d been excellent again and we will need him for the next 2 league games. A back line of Iorfa, Flint and Famewo against Plymouth and Ipswich should be good enough with the rest of the 11 at full strength. I’m looking forward to next weeks match now.

30 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Somehow I was expecting that after last week’s performance and the team selection.

I don’t think we were terrible but we just didn’t seem to have the cutting edge and yet Wilks probably played his best game for us so far. I suppose when you put two strikers in the team that haven’t really played together, it’s going to be tricky against a team like Fleetwood.

They came for a draw and that’s what they got, but they definitely turned up the shithousery this week compared to last week.

The ref was poor in controlling the time wasting and I’d say he contributed to it when he kept stopping play when players went down.

In some respects an uninspiring draw for Rd 5, at home to a smaller club might play in our favour because it might mean they (Fleetwood) will be less up for it.

I was very worried when Famewo went down bc he’d been excellent again and we will need him for the next 2 league games. A back line of Iorfa, Flint and Famewo against Plymouth and Ipswich should be good enough with the rest of the 11 at full strength. I’m looking forward to next weeks match now.

After today's game I'll never call Wycombe time wasters again. And the referee didn't give a shit.  

Well. We tried to play. They tried everything to stop it being a game of football.

However, you do what you do to try and get an advantage. No matter if it’s shithousery or whatever it is.

The ref was weaker than a can of carling and let them get away with it all game. Until he found his bollocks at 85 mins and booked their number 10 for feigning injury. 
We did enough to win, save for a 15 minute spell at the start of the second half.

We need an extra game like a hole in the head, and it seems it will likely be between Plymouth and Ipswich. Which is far from ideal!

Ah well. We’re still in the hat. 

58 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Well. We tried to play. They tried everything to stop it being a game of football.

However, you do what you do to try and get an advantage. No matter if it’s shithousery or whatever it is.

The ref was weaker than a can of carling and let them get away with it all game. Until he found his bollocks at 85 mins and booked their number 10 for feigning injury. 
We did enough to win, save for a 15 minute spell at the start of the second half.

We need an extra game like a hole in the head, and it seems it will likely be between Plymouth and Ipswich. Which is far from ideal!

Ipswich will also have a replay same week?

Do we get the same ref for the replay?

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

The other side of all this, I managed to watch the match at home, was fucking grateful I had not travelled 2 plus hours each way for the privilege. 

To say its part of football, the dark arts and anti football, true but in the end folk will gradually turn their backs on going if they don't try and find a solution.

• Like 3

Actually us going a goal down forced our hand to make the subs to grasp control of midfield, up the tempo somewhat and attack with more purpose.

I know folk like Paterson but he was woeful in the front two today

And for sure next week we play 3 in midfield, Bannan, Byers and Vaulks. Windass only plays if off a main striker. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Actually us going a goal down forced our hand to make the subs to grasp control of midfield, up the tempo somewhat and attack with more purpose.

I know folk like Paterson but he was woeful in the front two today

And for sure next week we play 3 in midfield, Bannan, Byers and Vaulks. Windass only plays if off a main striker. 

Only one problem there: Windass is our main source of goals.