Lack of goals will cost us…

HoylandOwl

We seem easy to set up against and break down by the lesser teams especially and very rarely rip into teams and use our strengths. So very rarely i am struggling to remember if we have any. It is becoming frustrating wondering who has the week's volume allocation and what will be the outcome of the Moore bingo team selection this game.As Christmas Eve has gone I suppose he has another year guaranteed. We have the players I acknowledge, but I am less certain we have the team.

It’s just the lack of pace. Windass hasn’t been particularly great. Wilkes has been really poor, they, in theory are the legs. Gregory has missed a fair few games and he offers movement. We need to find the right partner for Smith and give it our midfield players some forward movement to hit that isn’t coming short all the time.

5 hours ago, KrolMong said:

It’s just the lack of pace. Windass hasn’t been particularly great. Wilkes has been really poor, they, in theory are the legs. Gregory has missed a fair few games and he offers movement. We need to find the right Manager for Smith and give it our midfield players some forward movement to hit that isn’t coming short all the time.

Corrected mate

15 hours ago, Andyben said:

Corrected mate

In the sense that we have signed a load of strikers who want to play with their back to goal, or who want to receive it to feet. Yes, that means the manager has signed a load of strikers who do the same thing.

The creative players in our team would be miles better if we had one forward who would stretch teams and force teams back. We sort that in Jan, and play that striker in that mould, we’ll go up (as long as we bring in a wing back and some defensive cover).

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

In the sense that we have signed a load of strikers who want to play with their back to goal, or who want to receive it to feet. Yes, that means the manager has signed a load of strikers who do the same thing.

The creative players in our team would be miles better if we had one forward who would stretch teams and force teams back. We sort that in Jan, and play that striker in that mould, we’ll go up (as long as we bring in a wing back and some defensive cover).

Who would you have you eye on to bring in KM?

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

That quick striker was supposed to be Wilks, I presume. So far he's as near to being a regular starter as I am.  If he was being, like we've seen in the old vid clips, then we'd be a different team in attack.  Alternatively, if Gregory was having more luck with injuries and form, and was dictating scorelines like last season, then maybe our other talented attackers would be finding things easier: players like Windass, Neymarv, even Fizz and Mighton. After all, we've now got our main cogs like Baz, (fingers crossed), and Georgie B back.  Am I asking too much in hoping that Dennis Adeniran makes it back, too?   

Ironically one if our best performances came against potentially one of the best teams in division, Plymouth. 

And we lost. Moore has since then gone "a bit Carlos" where as if he had the courage and stuck with belief in the players I think we'd be fine.

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

Ironically one if our best performances came against potentially one of the best teams in division, Plymouth. 

And we lost. Moore has since then gone "a bit Carlos" where as if he had the courage and stuck with belief in the players I think we'd be fine.

And what was ironic about that night was that Moore got hammered for the subs he made, when his strikers horribly let him down by missing several sitters. The subs should never had been a factor had his strikers done the basics in front of goal right.

20 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

And what was ironic about that night was that Moore got hammered for the subs he made, when his strikers horribly let him down by missing several sitters. The subs should never had been a factor had his strikers done the basics in front of goal right.

Fair point. But what puzzles me is surely Moore must have seen how we can play against a really good side and had the courage to stick it. But he hasn't 

49 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I don’t see the fascination with a bloke that’s been given the heave ho at his last two clubs. Especially, after this most recent spell, where he’s not got Norwich going.

Might just be me!

No I can understand that. 

I just think he would do better with our squad, in this division. Championship etc, who knows, but we're not there,yet.

My gut feeling is Moore will not get us top 2, and we will be left lottery of play offs where I fear he will bottle it.

He wouldn't be the first 

45 minutes ago, Mark said:

No I can understand that. 

I just think he would do better with our squad, in this division. Championship etc, who knows, but we're not there,yet.

My gut feeling is Moore will not get us top 2, and we will be left lottery of play offs where I fear he will bottle it.

He wouldn't be the first 

I’m not criticising you mate, I just need to ask what makes you think he’ll get a song out of our squad?

He had a talented squad at Norwich and did nothing for them.

Archer is on his way to the Championship, probably Preston again. The pigs are interested but can't promise him the game time Preston can and Lowe tried his hardest to get him in on a season long loan last August. 

The pigs are looking to loan Daniel Jebbison out and he scored 9 in 23 for Burton last season. Strong, very quick, and loves to play on the toes of centre halves and stretch defences. Can also ping them in from outside the box as well. He'd be ideal but it'll never happen and our idiots would be toxic if he didn't hit the ground running. 

11 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Archer is on his way to the Championship, probably Preston again. The pigs are interested but can't promise him the game time Preston can and Lowe tried his hardest to get him in on a season long loan last August. 

The pigs are looking to loan Daniel Jebbison out and he scored 9 in 23 for Burton last season. Strong, very quick, and loves to play on the toes of centre halves and stretch defences. Can also ping them in from outside the box as well. He'd be ideal but it'll never happen and our idiots would be toxic if he didn't hit the ground running. 

Idiot here. We don't need no Bertie.

41 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I’m not criticising you mate, I just need to ask what makes you think he’ll get a song out of our squad?

He had a talented squad at Norwich and did nothing for them.

No it's OK if you are criticising me, I don't mind its all good 👍

It's a fair point re Norwich, but Smith did well at Brentford and from what I remember played decent football. He's out of work and maybe better than some alternatives. All irrelevant as Moore isn't going anywhere but gut feeling is he'd take the shackles off.and I don't think Moore will.

26 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I'd definitely take Jebbison. As you say it won't happen but just what we're after. I suspect he's hardly a die in the wool blade, no more than Gregory 

12 minutes ago, Andyben said:

image.gif.0db5cb35908f445c4a716c742689b660.gif

"ah said to our Judd 'appen I want Wenzdi to win every gayum but not be in that there premier league wi't rich clubs"

South Barnsley Mentality

I want us to win every game, sadly a lifetime of us being shit shows we won't, unless we get Mike Ashley and a decent manager in.

Jebbison's career is on a knife edge at the moment. The big bang of his arrival has dropped off a little bit. He started this season in the first team but got injured and has been overtaken by other juniors. He needs to go out on loan and score goals and if he got a promotion on his CV then all the better from his point of view. 

He could end up at Barnsley 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Jebbison's career is on a knife edge at the moment. The big bang of his arrival has dropped off a little bit. He started this season in the first team but got injured and has been overtaken by other juniors. He needs to go out on loan and score goals and if he got a promotion on his CV then all the better from his point of view. 

He could end up at Barnsley 

Thanks Dan's Agent.