This is amusing…

HoylandOwl

Pulis was a failure because his methods and tactics have gone out of fashion.  Nobody else has employed him since he left Wednesday.  Luhukey is much the same, since he left us, he’s failed in the German second division, and last season, in the Dutch second division.

Pullis has said in many interviews that he wasn't looking for a job. He was booked to go on a long holiday with his Mrs then the November lockdown happened and we called when he was twiddling his thumbs. 

I think his heart wasn't in it. He was supposed to be on a beach somewhere, not Sheffield. He'd walked into a toxic dressing room where players had just been told they were in another 'bubble' (probably with people they couldn't stand by now) and any form of getting away to see extended family at Christmas was looking fucked. The results and performances before he came in showed a general apathy of going through the motions and, once he got here, he found he couldn't be arsed to do any heavy lifting. 

If the above is so then he should have done the right thing and just said not for me and just left. But the manner in which he orchestrated his departure, constantly rowing with DC, was purely to gain the payoff and that's what sticks for me. 

I've seen Pullis coach technical aspects on courses and give presentations and how he gets stuff over is immaculate. He goes above and beyond what's needed in order to get points across in an intelligent manner and I was enthusiastic when he was announced. His knowledge of European football is amazing, especially Italian and Spanish ways of playing and I'd seen him use this in transitional phase play coaching that blew away his long ball persona. 

I just think the perfect shit storm of an already toxic dressing room and him not really in it meant it was never gonna work. 

22 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Pullis has said in many interviews that he wasn't looking for a job. He was booked to go on a long holiday with his Mrs then the November lockdown happened and we called when he was twiddling his thumbs. 

I think his heart wasn't in it. He was supposed to be on a beach somewhere, not Sheffield. He'd walked into a toxic dressing room where players had just been told they were in another 'bubble' (probably with people they couldn't stand by now) and any form of getting away to see extended family at Christmas was looking fucked. The results and performances before he came in showed a general apathy of going through the motions and, once he got here, he found he couldn't be arsed to do any heavy lifting. 

If the above is so then he should have done the right thing and just said not for me and just left. But the manner in which he orchestrated his departure, constantly rowing with DC, was purely to gain the payoff and that's what sticks for me. 

I've seen Pullis coach technical aspects on courses and give presentations and how he gets stuff over is immaculate. He goes above and beyond what's needed in order to get points across in an intelligent manner and I was enthusiastic when he was announced. His knowledge of European football is amazing, especially Italian and Spanish ways of playing and I'd seen him use this in transitional phase play coaching that blew away his long ball persona. 

I just think the perfect shit storm of an already toxic dressing room and him not really in it meant it was never gonna work. 

Way to defend the ****. He took the job, and failed, like he has many places before, with his Wimbledon 80s style football and god awful man management.

Fuck him, Welsh ****.

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

He'd had relative success at Stoke, yes. And while he might have had plenty of knowledge, and his transitional phase coaching may have been good. We didn't see it in the slightest. 

One of the worst appointments I've certainly ever seen as our manager. We had no fight, no desire, or should I say the only desire we seemed to have was to get off the pitch as soon as the game was done. And that bit I've highlighted, where you mentioned him orchestrating his own departure, well, he deserves absolutely no sympathy whatsoever. Screwing our club over for his own benefit, he can go do one. 

• Like 2

He’s easily in my three worst managers in my lifetime. Monk just nicks first place, and depending on what day it is, it’s him or Jos jostling for second.

Disaster from day one. Wasn’t interested in the job almost from his third game, didn’t seem to be able to install any fight and seemed to make the off field issues worse. I have a mate who’s a stoke fan, and the day we appointed him, he just said ‘you are as good as down.’

Rotter of a manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KrolMong said:

He’s easily in my three worst managers in my lifetime. Monk just nicks first place, and depending on what day it is, it’s him or Jos jostling for second.

Disaster from day one. Wasn’t interested in the job almost from his third game, didn’t seem to be able to install any fight and seemed to make the off field issues worse. I have a mate who’s a stoke fan, and the day we appointed him, he just said ‘you are as good as down.’

Rotter of a manager.

Exactly

cap wearing *****