23/24 season tickets on sale......

HoylandOwl

The vitriol online is doing my head in. No, they're not cheap, but it's not like they've been £500+ on the Kop from first sales period. 

Granted, not everyone can buy one, even at £395 which was the first price and it was around Xmas too. There's so many reasons why people can/can't buy a season ticket. 

There's all the talk of Premier league prices are cheaper etc. Yeah some of them are. But there are plenty that are not. Arsenal's cheapest in a stadium which holds double ours, and with all the money they have, is £900+ for example.

I'm not happy or justifying the price of a season ticket at Wednesday, I'm ok with what we got ours for when they first went on sale. What I will say though is that this shouting and balling for £500 isn't surprising, but it's not a surprise that they go up in each sales period. We're not unique as a club in doing that either. 

The prices won't get any cheaper with the moaning online, I'd be amazed if they did. And I reckon the majority of season ticket holders will have already got theirs by now anyway and the sales numbers at many other clubs who have stepped increases that I've been around actually sell the bulk of their season tickets in the early periods anyway. SO... I wonder, how many of the people kicking off about the pricing of them are actually intending on/were intending on buying one until they saw the price or they're just kicking off 'because'.?

Again. For clarity. I do think they're too expensive right now. But, shouting about it on twitter isn't going to get them reduced. If the club don't sell as many or make as much money from season ticket sales this year, THAT might change the way they're sold or the pricing going forward. 

• Like 1

The issue for me is the number of sales periods we seem to have had with all bar one seeing a price increase.

I bought on the North for £485 (I think) - about £21 per game. So I’d be happy to see PotD average £26. But with so many increases as we get to another, but still not the final, sales stage, we are at about £31 per game. PotD has to average no less than £35.

It’s going to affect not just the big game attendees (who I don’t care too much about), but also those who genuinely find it difficult to justify a ST: long distance supporters, those with limited budgets, those working midweek evenings or Saturdays. Those who would come to a few games are more likely to be put off by higher and higher PotD prices.

We need to cut down on the number of sales periods: early bird (Jan/Feb), late season (Apr), and close season (Jun onwards) so that we can keep the PotD price realistic. A 10% increase per stage and my £485 would become £535 and top out at £590 (£26/game) allowing for £30/game average on the North. Repeat across the ground and the negative impact on PotD would be much reduced.

Barely 10% of those complaining would have bought a ticket were the prices cheaper. If they would, they would have bought in January. 

I think we’ll sell decent numbers of STs. Most of us bought at League One (for us) prices. The playoff, Wembley and promotion end to the season will have brought in some new people. People were even buying STs so they could get a ticket for Wembley. 

If we do some decent business we might sell a few more. I don’t see us struggling in the division, by that I mean I don’t expect a relegation battle. 

One thing I don't see getting mentioned is the fact that some prices of existing season tickets were reduced after we were relegated.  I already owned a five year s.t. - I've got one year left on it now.  They enact one year of it at a time. Following relegation two years ago they deducted a lower amount than the previous two years from the overal 'pot' that I'd paid.  Ditto for the season just finished.  (The water got muddied though when they deducted the costs of various 'other' games from the 'pot', whereas I would have much preferred to pay for each at the time but wasn't asked, and required me to make up the difference before the start if the following season.)

It will be interesting if my final year of five reverts to the original, higher price. Hopefully not, but it wouldn't be unfair, IMO.  

17 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

One thing I don't see getting mentioned is the fact that some prices of existing season tickets were reduced after we were relegated.  I already owned a five year s.t. - I've got one year left on it now.  They enact one year of it at a time. Following relegation two years ago they deducted a lower amount than the previous two years from the overal 'pot' that I'd paid.  Ditto for the season just finished.  (The water got muddied though when they deducted the costs of various 'other' games from the 'pot', whereas I would have much preferred to pay for each at the time but wasn't asked, and required me to make up the difference before the start if the following season.)

It will be interesting if my final year of five reverts to the original, higher price. Hopefully not, but it wouldn't be unfair, IMO.  

Things like that don’t fit the narrative of the angry mob though

• Like 1

I've been to three games in 7 seasons (2 of those 3 have been at Wembley) and think its a disgrace the prices that evil Mr Chansiri is wanting to charge.  I am going to have to consider not attending again, well, until we are at Wembley anyway. 

What do you mean I have had option to purchase on numerous occasions since January ??

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...