Carlos… try to do a surprise

He'll bottle it.

Have to say the tad annoying point is that at Braga he genuinely appears to be building a team, focus on bringing younger players through.

Now there may be external reasons why that plan got sidetracked at S6, but my angst has always been about his role in the huge missed opportunity to build a sustainable platform for the Club. 

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

He'll bottle it.

Have to say the tad annoying point is that at Braga he genuinely appears to be building a team, focus on bringing younger players through.

Now there may be external reasons why that plan got sidetracked at S6, but my angst has always been about his role in the huge missed opportunity to build a sustainable platform for the Club

Not that you ever mention it 🙄

4 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

He'll bottle it.

Now there may be external reasons why that plan got sidetracked at S6, but my angst has always been about his role in the huge missed opportunity to build a sustainable platform for the Club. 

For the first 18 months I don't think any of our signings were made by him. He was told to coach whoever walked through the door. That's why quite a few hardly put on a shirt.

At Rio Ave and Braga the set up is more his but also the money is tighter so those outside influences seem to have disappeared. At Braga he's having to work through their youth system but they've always had a decent set up so the quality is there.

There’s much greater financial stability in that league.  Whatever happens Braga’s income isn’t going to rise by £100+ million next season, so there’s not much point gambling.  Ours would have if we beaten Hull, or Huddersfield and Reading.

I don't think MK is necessarily saying he is a totally bad manager, although i could be wrong.

I think the problem MK has, along with thousands of others is...

In the games where we needed to be on the front foot, where we needed to win, where we needed a performance, he didn't do that, or even set up for that.

He went all negative, which cost us promotion.

No doubt MK will correct me if i am wrong 😄

4 minutes ago, MAL said:

I don't think MK is necessarily saying he is a totally bad manager, although i could be wrong.

I think the problem MK has, along with thousands of others is...

In the games where we needed to be on the front foot, where we needed to win, where we needed a performance, he didn't do that, or even set up for that.

He went all negative, which cost us promotion.

No doubt MK will correct me if i am wrong 😄

I think that sums up Carlos perfectly.

I enjoyed the ride though.

22 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

There's actually no way of knowing that. We might have got smashed going gung-ho 

Nobody said go gung-ho, fans just wanted us to try and win every game, not just play for a draw and then hope to snatch a 1-0 if we could.

56 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

The clubs transfer policy didn’t force him to ruin Kieran Lee’s career. 

Wanker. 

This is one of the criticisms of Carvalhal I do accept, the approach to fitness training and the handling of injuries, particularly with Lee. I remember when he came back, loads had doubts, and in retrospect it completely did for him. It felt wrong at the time. Whether Carlos takes all the blame though, I'm not sure. He had a team of physios / doctors advising him surely.

How Lee conducted himself afterwards, and particularly during lockdown when his contract was running down, risking a potential career ending injury to give his all, means I will always hold him in the highest regard - unlike Reach and Fletcher.