Cristiano Ronaldo….. is his time up?

HoylandOwl

No doubt you’ll see bits of this today…

It’s going to be everywhere and with good reason. I can’t help but think he’s just killing his reputation with this. 
Yes, he’s out of favour at Man United, and I get that but bloody hell. He’s hardly ripped the League up when he has played this season so far, it’s the most blatant come and get me plea to other clubs I’ve seen in a while.

Of course there are issues at his current club, that’s no secret, they’ve been there for a while. But I can’t help that this decision will start the beginning of the end for him and the Premier League. He seems more petulant than ever on the pitch, and this is another indication of him throwing his teddies. He’s got to be absolutely dying inside that Messi is still ripping it up in the Champions League. 

There’s no doubt he’s been one of, if not the best player in the Premier League. But now…. I think he has to leave because only the Man United fans will possibly stay behind him, because they hate the owners as it is

He in a situation a bit similar to Pogba was, but MU seemed to struggled to get rid of him, so maybe Ronaldo will be hanging around for some time too. 

It’ll depends on whether MU will accept a much reduced transfer fee, and whether CR will accept a big loss on wages. A lose-lose settlement. Unlike Pogba though, I think CR won’t hang around just for the money.

MU won’t want him going to a EPL rival, so my bet is a transfer to somewhere in Portugal for a nominal fee on 31st Jan.

I'll not defend Ronaldo as I don't think he should have done the interview, but what's happening with him and Ten Hag feels a bit like when McLaren decided he was dropping Beckham from the England team. Almost like he's stamping his authority by dropping the biggest player on the team?!

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

I'll not defend Ronaldo as I don't think he should have done the interview, but what's happening with him and Ten Hag feels a bit like when McLaren decided he was dropping Beckham from the England team. Almost like he's stamping his authority by dropping the biggest player on the team?!

He doesn't fit in to how Ten Hag wants them to play, and building the team arond a 37 yr old is very short term.

I’m a bit torn on this.

I do wholeheartedly agree with the approach the Ten Haag has taken. The way that he sets his team up, Ronaldo is never going to fit it. It’s high energy, it’s high press - Ronaldo does not and will not do that. Remember that it was the same at Juventus in his last season, and even the latter two years at Madrid.

I can somewhat understand his frustration too. He had a decent year last year in a poor team, was he at detriment in some games? Yep. But, on the whole he did his job. He’s still got something to offer but, and here’s the reason for the outburst.

His days at the top table are over, and he can’t accept it. And that’s the reason for the outburst, he wants a scapegoat to mask the fact that not just Man Utd and Juve, but all the top table clubs aren’t going to want him. That was indicative in the summer, in terms of the offers. And will no doubt be the same in Jan. When you are as driven as he is, you are not going to easily accept a decline and this is what is the outcome.

Where I think he’s dropped a bollock is purely due to the fact that he’s decided to air his grievances in public, he’s tried to curry favour with the fans by criticising the regime and saying he came back because of the fans. Bollocks. He came back for the 500k a week he was offered. The fans have seen through that and he’s finished as a Man Utd player both within the club (linked to his behaviour this season) and by the fans too.

Seems like he turned down an offer of £3 million a week from Saudi club Al-Hillal over the Summer.  For me the bloke deserves a bit of respect.  It’s clearly fuck all to do with the money as far as he’s concerned.  It’s about glory and setting individual records.  The bottom line though is that he’s nearly 38.  Father Time beats all of us in the end, and he just hasn’t quite accepted that yet.  

12 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Where you see him go?

Honestly. I would not be shocked to see him back in Spain at one of the Madrids. Germany and Italy can’t afford him, unless he reduces his salary by 60-70%, he’s not going to get an English team. And he thinks that the retirement homes that are China, USA and the Middle East are too soon.

Just now, KrolMong said:

Honestly. I would not be shocked to see him back in Spain at one of the Madrids. Germany and Italy can’t afford him, unless he reduces his salary by 60-70%, he’s not going to get an English team. And he thinks that the retirement homes that are China, USA and the Middle East are too soon.

If he is adamant it's about his records then surely he takes a cut and joins Bayern?

On 18/11/2022 at 11:17, owl71 said:

Seems like he turned down an offer of £3 million a week from Saudi club Al-Hillal over the Summer.  For me the bloke deserves a bit of respect.  It’s clearly fuck all to do with the money as far as he’s concerned.  It’s about glory and setting individual records.  The bottom line though is that he’s nearly 38.  Father Time beats all of us in the end, and he just hasn’t quite accepted that yet.  

£3m a week and yet some folk can't even put food on the table.

Fucking disgraceful 

12 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

How are you, Mr. Ambassador?   

😁

What fucks be off is this twat moaning about his gaffer blah blah when people are going to food banks and this **** is on £400k a week.

I think even the Man U fans think he’s a bell end. There’s talk of him gonna Chelsea now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...