The World Cup thread….

BBC keep saying that if Netherlands don’t lose against Ecuador then Qatar are out.

That’s not right is it?

Group could end up with Netherlands on nine points, and the other three teams all on three points.

Surely only a draw in the Netherlands v Ecuador sees them definitely out.

Just now, cheat said:

BBC keep saying that if Netherlands don’t lose against Ecuador then Qatar are out.

That’s not right is it?

Group could end up with Netherlands on nine points, and the other three teams all on three points.

Surely only a draw in the Netherlands v Ecuador sees them definitely out.

Oh God - I’m so dumb.

Ignore my ramblings above.

1 hour ago, HarrySpeakup said:

Ashley Williams’ comment on the yellow/red card assault while it’s on the screen in slow motion and the keepers’ foot is in the guys face and then he knocks him into the middle of next week

“he did catch him”

How much are the BBC, sorry I mean we, paying for his expert analysis? 

I cant believe how many fucking Pundits they have out there full stop. 

4 hours ago, Reesh said:

Am I wrong though 

Would you like any of them back? 

My Nottingham born 10 year old is doing quite well in gymnastics but I've already told her she'll have more chance of getting to a commonwealth games if she makes the Wales squad. She also qualifies for Scotland 

Edited by Tylluan

You win and lose games by controlling midfield in the first instance. This is the international equivalent of Potter and O'connor. 

You can throw on more attacking players but zero use if you don't have the ball and are chasing their players.

Clearly Southgate was upset at playing decent football the other day so demanded we revert to slow, insipid backward passing.

He is beige basically 

2 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

I have no idea why the fuck Foden wasn’t brought on. Jordan Fucking Henderson FFS 

Because we were being completely out done in the middle of the pitch. No point bringing on Foden if we are defending. And we had slightly more control with Henderson.

It is to a degree the issue Wednesday face, there is a clamour to play the attackers but not if that midfield is being overrun

As MK said had zero control of midfield.

I'd have been tempted to go 3 at back. Bring Walker on in 3, push full backs on and had 3 in middle. Tell Rice, Bellingham to sit and Foden for Mount and who ever you like upfront with Kane who was totally isolated but worked socks off.

Maguire man of match which against USA tells you everything 

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

As MK said had zero control of midfield.

I'd have been tempted to go 3 at back. Bring Walker on in 3, push full backs on and had 3 in middle. Tell Rice, Bellingham to sit and Foden for Mount and who ever you like upfront with Kane who was totally isolated but worked socks off.

Maguire man of match which against USA tells you everything 

Bellingham to sit?

Christ