The World Cup thread….

45 minutes ago, Reesh said:

If Alexander Arnold or Henderson were at Wolves or West Ham they don't get picked.

Both absolutely fucking woeful like the **** of a manager.

It's a fair point, although I think Henderson WAS better than given credit. While I totally agree with Maddison being in squad typical that he doesn't pick him and Wilson for years then picks them for a World Cup!

5 hours ago, Andyben said:

Dropped Tomori to squeeze in.....you knoe who 

Schweppes?

50 minutes ago, Reesh said:

If Alexander Arnold or Henderson were at Wolves or West Ham they don't get picked.

Both absolutely fucking woeful like the **** of a manager.

As you know, I rate Henderson very highly. I remember saying he was the best all-round midfielder in the Premier League a couple of years ago, and I stand by that comment.

However, even I can see why people would struggle with his inclusion. I can't honestly remember the last time he completed 90 minutes for Liverpool. Maybe I'm wrong on this but it just seems like, every time they're on tv and I happen to catch some of the game, he either gets subbed around the hour mark or isn't playing at all.

Old age catches up with every player. Seems Henderson's 'time' was last season.

17 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Schweppes?

As you know, I rate Henderson very highly. I remember saying he was the best all-round midfielder in the Premier League a couple of years ago, and I stand by that comment.

However, even I can see why people would struggle with his inclusion. I can't honestly remember the last time he completed 90 minutes for Liverpool. Maybe I'm wrong on this but it just seems like, every time they're on tv and I happen to catch some of the game, he either gets subbed around the hour mark or isn't playing at all.

Old age catches up with every player. Seems Henderson's 'time' was last season.

You're Scottish so please vacate this thread. It has nothing to do with you.

🤣

• Haha 2

England players already saying it’s too hot to train after their first session. 4.30pm was when they trained yesterday….. Their first game kicks off at 4 on Monday.

Wales have moved their training session from 1pm today to later in the day. 
That’s already.

Bodes well… 🤪

Of course they lied.  When the bids were made this World Cup was supposed to be in Summer, in indoor, air conditioned stadiums.  That was bollocks, so it got moved to Winter. 

This is a truly abysmal choice of venue, made by twenty odd greedy people who got bribed.  All of that was proven years ago.  It’s the most expensive World Cup by a mile.  The previous most expensive was Brazil, which cost about £12-13 million.  This is close to £200 million.  It is a hugely expensive exercise in sports washing, which is not being particularly successful.  With publicity comes scrutiny, so tough shit Qatar.

One further point of interest is how the host nation do on the pitch.  Last year they lost 4-0 to Ireland and 4-0 twice to Serbia.  In September they lost 3-0 at home to a Croatia u-23 side.  But they have been drawn in a group with two very bribeable opponents in Senegal and Ecuador so who knows?  Mane pulled out with an injury. 🤨

• Like 1