The World Cup thread….

4 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

No idea what the Dutch did there, game was theirs then they bottled it in extra time.

Shades of 1990 with that Argentina side. Lost the first game completely unexpectedly, fairly average team barring the world's best player and a keeper great at saving penalties...

They blew it by reverting back to the game plan that saw them losing 2-0, why o why Netherlands didn't just carry on wacking the ball into the box that got them level, I'll never know, the Argies just couldn't handle them.

Edited by owl4ever1867
  • Like 2

Just now, HoylandOwl said:

These officials are wank.

From the Saka foul, the non penalty and even then right at the end of the half when Bellingham wins the ball, there’s no foul or head injury but they stop play because Hernandez shit his nappy.

I've already resigned myself to France going through due to the officials, how on earth VAR haven't stepped in on 2 vital occasions I'll never know.

Just now, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Come on if either decision had gone against England we would have been fuming. There were other challenges in that first half that were worse fouls and not given. The penalty shout - would have been soft 

France playing in 2nd gear really 

Don’t agree MK. 
Blatant foul on Saka prior to the Frog goal

5 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Come on if either decision had gone against England we would have been fuming. There were other challenges in that first half that were worse fouls and not given. The penalty shout - would have been soft 

France playing in 2nd gear really 

It's a foul Kev, soft maybe but it is contact in the box.

Saying that, Cautious Gareth strikes again