The World Cup thread….

Harry Kane has been stopped from wearing a rainbow captains armband after he requested to the FA to do so. 

One idiot on one of the weekend phone ins suggested that if footballers really wanted to make a difference then they should do pecks on the cheek when shaking hands pre game. Next caller then pointed out the it's very common in the Arab world for men to cheek kiss when greeting each other. 

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Be interesting how many folk currently not bothered have an about turn if England progress 

I will be watching - why not

And if you wanted to prove your "right on" credentials don't do much research into the Thai tuna industry on exploitation of employees.

Exploitation of employees is something sadly that occurs in many countries, ours included. Making it illegal to be in a same sex relationship does not and this is the thing that irks a lot of people gay or not.

10 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

Exploitation of employees is something sadly that occurs in many countries, ours included. Making it illegal to be in a same sex relationship does not and this is the thing that irks a lot of people gay or not.

Perhaps we should boycott playing Iran given their support of strict Islam, women's rights and throwing the gays off towers or stoning folk

How about the US as their recent decision on abortion rights is pretty fucking terrible 

Wales well because they are Welsh 

15 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Perhaps we should boycott playing Iran given their support of strict Islam, women's rights and throwing the gays off towers or stoning folk

How about the US as their recent decision on abortion rights is pretty fucking terrible 

It’s the fact it’s being hosted by this type of regime that stinks, and I’d feel the same if Iran or say North Korea were given the honour as would many others. (Obviously a country full welsh should never be considered)

16 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

It’s the fact it’s being hosted by this type of regime that stinks, and I’d feel the same if Iran or say North Korea were given the honour as would many others. (Obviously a country full welsh should never be considered)

Not going to argue against that, but we are where we are. 

You can't ignore the politics but equally we have to remember this is sport 

8 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Harry Kane has been stopped from wearing a rainbow captains armband after he requested to the FA to do so. 

One idiot on one of the weekend phone ins suggested that if footballers really wanted to make a difference then they should do pecks on the cheek when shaking hands pre game. Next caller then pointed out the it's very common in the Arab world for men to cheek kiss when greeting each other. 

Correct.  

4 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Not to mention murdering young female peaceful protesters.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Talk of James Maddison not being selected for the squad which is criminal if true. He’s one of the best attacking midfielders we’ve got at the moment. 

If we are picking a player to play centrally behind Kane, he’s the most in form. He’d probably start too in my team based on current form, and how out of form everyone is in that area of the pitch (with the exception of Rashford, Foden and Saka).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I’m going to pick my squad…

Pope, Ramsdale, Pickford

Walker, Trippier, White, Stones, Coady, Tomori, Maguire, Shaw, Sessegnon

Rice, Bellingham, Mount, Maddison, Phillips

Kane, Wilson, Toney, Abraham, Saka, Sterling, Foden, Rashford, Grealish

Dropped Tomori to squeeze in.....you knoe who 

9 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I’m going to pick my squad…

Pope, Ramsdale, Pickford

Walker, Trippier, White, Stones, Coady, Tomori, Maguire, Shaw, Sessegnon