Oh when the Owls… go marching in… Carabao Cup Match thread

HoylandOwl

7 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I’m conflicted, fucking shit losing on pens, would I have preferred is to lose 3-0? Probably but I’m sure it’ll help team confidence. Maybe some of the fans too. 

FDB getting injured is a pisser, will it help us tie him down if he is out for some time though? 

You wouldn't be if you'd have been stood near to their infantile fans at the end, pal.  Absolute wankers of the 'aggressive pointing' sub-species. I'm sat in the window coach seat, I'm 69 and probably look it, and one of their juvenile planks has just repeatedly offered me out in the street.  Until a copper made alternative suggestions to him.  🙄

Just overheard two Southampton fans talking amongst themselves, describing their pen as a blatant dive.  Looked it to me as well.  Don’t know what they said about it on Sky.

We were excellent first half, against a kind of misfiring PL “cup” team with a lot of squad players getting a run out.  Hanging on a bit at times in the second, but always looked capable of making something happen.  FDB excellent until he went off. Superb work from Ihekwe with the double goal line clearance.  Windass always offered a threat.  Only thing I really didn’t fancy was when their wide players ran at us, especially the guy on the left (Aribo?).  

All in all, yeah proud of the lads.  The class difference that £100 million a year of TV money buys was only visible in occasional moments.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I’m conflicted, fucking shit losing on pens, would I have preferred is to lose 3-0? Probably but I’m sure it’ll help team confidence. Maybe some of the fans too. 

FDB getting injured is a pisser, will it help us tie him down if he is out for some time though? 

After seeing the highlights package, I am relieved it was penalties that knocked us out, not Walcott taking advantage of that moment of sheer stupidity from our defence/keeper.

Losing to that would have really annoyed me. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Plenty of positives in that game. People tend to forget we are League 1 and not SWFC from 92/93 (spoiler alert on the 30 years ago thread)

What it highlights still to me that when on top in games, creating good chances we have to be more clinical in converting them.

Put these games to bed when we can.

It’s a valid point. 
At half time, on Sky Sports they were saying that we’d had 10 shots to Southampton’s 2.

It’s not the first time this has happened either. 

37 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Knew we’d lose on pens, but some going that really scoring our first five

'Me too.'    I also got the impression, admittedly from 'row z' at the other end, that Iorfa's pen hit the keeper's feet rather than him saving it with his feet. Did the t.v. view support that?

Not that it matters much now.  

16 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

You wouldn't be if you'd have been stood near to their infantile fans at the end, pal.  Absolute wankers of the 'aggressive pointing' sub-species. I'm sat in the window coach seat, I'm 69 and probably look it, and one of their juvenile planks has just repeatedly offered me out in the street.  Until a copper made alternative suggestions to him.  🙄

Yeah, i agree, though they also threw coins. One landed at my feet right in front of a steward. He saw it but nothing was done.

17 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Their fans were absolute pricks, I saw some trouble after the match, looked like they were looking for trouble throughout. I always preferred Southampton to Portsmouth not anymore!

13 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

'Me too.'    I also got the impression, admittedly from 'row z' at the other end, that Iorfa's pen hit the keeper's feet rather than him saving it with his feet. Did the t.v. view support that?

Not that it matters much now.  

I'll retract that, having now seen the highlights. He definitely kicked it away. 

I love the confidence and honesty shown by Josh Windass in this piece.

He seems to have grown into a bit of a divisive player this season IMO, there seems to be a growing but still small group of ‘fans’ who are having a pop at him. He’s a player that makes us go forward with his drive and purpose on the ball. Yeah he might not get it right every time, but if he did, he wouldn’t be with us. 
But I’d rather be with him in our side than our opponents.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I love the confidence and honesty shown by Josh Windass in this piece.

He seems to have grown into a bit of a divisive player this season IMO, there seems to be a growing but still small group of ‘fans’ who are having a pop at him. He’s a player that makes us go forward with his drive and purpose on the ball. Yeah he might not get it right every time, but if he did, he wouldn’t be with us. 
But I’d rather be with him in our side than our opponents.

Did the same fans not witness the football under Carlos the **** in his last weeks, Monk, Pulis, that strange guy with the tache. Jeez

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Re their fans. There were a few Videos on twitter last weekend I think it was where some little scrote walked right up to the cordon of stewards and was giving it the finger across the throat stuff, to the away fans while smiling. 

Infantile, silly prick.

Don’t condone violence, but anyone doing that needs chinning